Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2021, 08:55 AM   #1

Slide Sequence

Questions:
Does it matter which slide is extended first when deploying all three slides on our 40E? Does anyone open only one slide? Does opening the wardrobe slide unbalance the coach in a detrimentally? Should we grease the slides?
Our slides are operating smooth and without issue. KOW!
Trappfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:35 AM   #2

I can’t imagine it makes a bit of difference as long as you are basically level. In the six years we’ve run our 40A we’ve done it every which sequence and sometimes don’t even put out all four slides.
Yes, there are grease zeros on your big slides, plus you can clean and silicone the rail. Equalizer web site has the “how to” stuff. If every slide is working perfectly go out and buy a lottery ticket, cause you are in luck (said with a smile).
Old 12-19-2021, 06:02 AM   #3

+1 on the sequence to deploy slides, does not matter. For me I like to do it while on the air bags and either plugged in or running the generator to make sure I have full power to batteries- to keep the slide motors happy.

I very rarely put out the kitchen slide ( passenger side front) I do not needed the added room 99% of the time- adds 2 feet to patio awing area, and makes it really easy to get in and out of the basement.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:21 AM   #4

Unless your owner's manual specifies, open them as you wish. I always level first to prevent any slide binding.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:30 AM   #5

Slides

Thanks to all for the information.
On the airbags; I always deflate the airbags before leveling. It puts the bottom step close to the ground..

The long slide failed catastrophically just after we bought the coach. It took the light and smoke detector off the ceiling and wrecked the woodwork in back by the bedroom door. I hope to never see that again.
Trappfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:21 AM   #6

When we bought ours the dealer emphasized doing the slides with the bags inflated on a Berkshire. I believe it was Oscarvan on here talked at length with the factory, who told him it didn’t matter. I’ve done it both ways and don’t note any difference, but like others I only do them while on shore power, generator,. Mine won’t with the engine running but the stabilizers will.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #7
Diesel Rep West Coast

We get people asking this all the time, the big thing here is to make sure the coach is level before running the slides out.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide