Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2022, 07:13 PM   #21

Jacks always first! The slides are designed to be extended or retracted when the trailer is level. Doing it without the jacks will work but it can damage the slide or trailer if it is too far out of level. I have been RVing since the early 90’s and every RV I have owned always recommended to level before moving the slides.
Kstedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstedman View Post
Jacks always first! The slides are designed to be extended or retracted when the trailer is level. Doing it without the jacks will work but it can damage the slide or trailer if it is too far out of level. I have been RVing since the early 90’s and every RV I have owned always recommended to level before moving the slides.
But, again.... that depends on if the jacks are designed to level the RV or if they are designed to only stabilize the RV.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:27 PM   #23

Well that’s a good point. My RV’s have always had the heavy leveling jacks vs the stabilization jacks but the main point is just being level as possible to prevent damage. I have seen people tear there floors, slide tracks break or get out of alignment all due to an un level condition!
Kstedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:31 PM   #24
Diesel Rep West Coast

Some of this will depend on what product you are asking about. On a Diesel pushers the structure in the foundation is there that you could extend the slides with out running the jacks down... Also for me I don't think of the leveling jacks as levelers, but more as stabilizers. Lifting the coach enough to level where the tires come off the ground is never recommend.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:55 PM   #25
Certified Curmudgeon

Priorities

When I pull or back into the campsite it seems to always be…
Restroom First.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
When I pull or back into the campsite it seems to always be…
Restroom First.

Yes you are correct- LOL

Tags
jacks, slide, slides