Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #1

Steer Safe/Safe-T-Plus and Silverleaf

I have been researching mods and accessories for the Berkshire to see if there is anything that I should have to make things better/easier/etc..
(No specific needs yet as I don't get my coach until next week - just wondering so far.....)

I have seen many references in other threads to steering stabilizer systems by Steer safe and SafeTplus. They seem to be more prevalent on gassers and I have also seen the comments here about how nice the Berkshire drives and rides.
So my question is: Does a Berkshire need one of these either to improve handling or as a safety device in case of blowout?

Second question is for the Silverleaf VMSpc device/software. It seems like a really nice system to monitor engine, trans and trip information as well as diagnostics. I met one gentleman with a 2004 Country Coach who used the system and he swore by it.
So, does any use one in a Berkshire?

By the way - reading all of the posts of what owners love about their Berkshires has really made me feel good about my purchase. Can't wait to be able to add to that list!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS

Put SafeTPlus on our Berkshire and feel it really helped firm up the steering and easier to drive.

Another thing we replaced is the outside porch light (around $65) with one with a motion activacted smart light, really nice a night when you come back to the MH and light comes on. Fits the holes and uses current wiring for the current light.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #3

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/

These guys helped me a lot when trying to figure out my weight issues. They are tops in the field and the owner took time to call me back and answer all my questions. If I lived closer or get out to that part of the country I will have them work on mine. I have not bought anything from them but they did give me several names in my area to help.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote