RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantoensing View Post
Oh Karen.... In our short tenure as full-timers I've come to learn there's nothing more exciting to RV'ers and discussing waste management. Example: I'll mention my macerating toilet and it's like telling them I have a 1,000 doughnut holes they can jump into! I've given more demonstrations of my toilet than any other part of the coach!!! It's like Haley Davidson people.... They only discuss their 'pipes'. 😜


--Nathan
2016 38a
LOL!! Yes Nathan I know what you mean! Guys in an RV park LOVE to sit around the campfire and talk about stuff like that! I don't care WHAT the subject starts off as, sooner or later everyone is comparing their "system"!
The toilet in our 38A (back bathroom) with the 2 "control" buttons draws more interest than it really should, that is for sure!

Karen
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
DAISY BOYKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SUNSHINE STATE
Posts: 1,745
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Replacement gaskets

At the start of each camping season I do maintenance of the sewer hose. I put on a pair of rubber gloves and with a bucket of Hot Soapy water, old toothbrush And a new set of gaskets. I clean the hose ends, take the fittings off of the hose, clean all real good lube the hose with Vaseline, screw the fittings back on the hose, lock the locking ring, lube the gaskets.
No leaks, if there are any replace the gaskets.
__________________
Sid & HRH MISSY, SHIH TZU
2019 WILDCAT 28 SGX
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS 6.7L/SWD/6R140/BFT
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2019 41 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Hi Bob,
Thanks for for the link. Now my Christmas shopping for Rick is done! Because you know, nothing says Merry Christmas like "Here's a new poop tube"!!

And Cajun: we have used PJelly for years too. No problems ever.
Karen,

Make sure you get the "accessories" as well:

Camlock to Bayonet adaptor (for when the Honey Wagon comes around)
Amazon.com: Lippert Components 360785 Waste Master Male Cam to Male Bayonet Fitting: Automotive

And while not needed, this is the slickest stinky slinky support system I have ever seen! (again, it's not cheap but you can route your sewer at a 90 turn! I own one and love it!)

http://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compon...NX81N8PAR92Z4H

And yep, nothing sez I love you like a new poop tube!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Karen,

Make sure you get the "accessories" as well:

Camlock to Bayonet adaptor (for when the Honey Wagon comes around)
Amazon.com: Lippert Components 360785 Waste Master Male Cam to Male Bayonet Fitting: Automotive

And while not needed, this is the slickest stinky slinky support system I have ever seen! (again, it's not cheap but you can route your sewer at a 90 turn! I own one and love it!)

http://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compon...NX81N8PAR92Z4H

And yep, nothing sez I love you like a new poop tube!
Thanks for the links Bob. That looks like the "Neighbor Gift Delivery System" huh????
Karen
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:42 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
I have the same system as BamaBob. It really is a huge step up in quality. As Bob said get all the goodies. I have the extra hose length is always good to have.
One thing to know before you buy is that you have to cut the dog ears off the sewer where it hooks up to the hose. You cut them off and glue a new piece on to the end. When you put that on the bottom cover will not go back on. I screw the cap on from the bottom. It makes at a little tight. I am happy with how it works but it is a big change that would be expensive to reverse. I'll try to take a few pictures of my install in the morning.



Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
nathantoensing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 134
These links are perfect for me! Exactly why I love this site and y'all. Simply tell me what to buy and I'll figure out how to use it!! Thanks! Ordering all.... Even though not sure what the male adaptor thing is for I told the wife "Bob said this is what we needed!" I just got the courtesy 'uh-huh' and eye roll! 👍


--Nathan
2016 38a
__________________
--Nathan
2016 38a
nathantoensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Retusps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 105
y-connector

We just purchased our TT and won't get to "use" it 'till spring. I'm already looking to replace the cheap piece of crap (pun intended) hose we got from the dealer. Our TT has a second gray water drain from the galley. My question is, does Lippert make a Y-connector to join two drains, or can I purchase any y-connector?
__________________
No matter where you go, there you are!

2018 3500 Chevy Silverado, Duramax, CC, Z71, SRW
2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 297rlds
Husky Centerline w/d hitch
Retusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
nathantoensing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I have the same system as BamaBob. It really is a huge step up in quality. As Bob said get all the goodies. I have the extra hose length is always good to have.
One thing to know before you buy is that you have to cut the dog ears off the sewer where it hooks up to the hose. You cut them off and glue a new piece on to the end. When you put that on the bottom cover will not go back on. I screw the cap on from the bottom. It makes at a little tight. I am happy with how it works but it is a big change that would be expensive to reverse. I'll try to take a few pictures of my install in the morning.
Ok Phil you just blew it up..... Pics are worth a 1,000 words... will be looking forward to what you're talking about
__________________
--Nathan
2016 38a
nathantoensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Sorry I didn't mean to blow it up but want you to know what's up with the install. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1450182204.616247.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	96232Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1450182215.754282.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	96233Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1450182226.292073.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	96234Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1450182237.862722.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	96235



Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantoensing View Post
These links are perfect for me! Exactly why I love this site and y'all. Simply tell me what to buy and I'll figure out how to use it!! Thanks! Ordering all.... Even though not sure what the male adaptor thing is for I told the wife "Bob said this is what we needed!" I just got the courtesy 'uh-huh' and eye roll! ��


--
2016 38a
Nathan,

The male adapter is for those times (like in Goshen )when you are getting pumped out or when you are at a CG that has a dump station/pump out that uses the old fashioned bayonet connections.

The adapter lets you connect those hoses to your ultra-modern and so very cool cam-lock system

So, tell the DW so she can un-roll her eyes LOL you really DO need the adapter because without it, no pump-out at Goshen for you
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retusps View Post
We just purchased our TT and won't get to "use" it 'till spring. I'm already looking to replace the cheap piece of crap (pun intended) hose we got from the dealer. Our TT has a second gray water drain from the galley. My question is, does Lippert make a Y-connector to join two drains, or can I purchase any y-connector?
You can get a y-connector. What I did was put a cam-lock on each drain and just switch the hose from drain to drain as needed.
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
nathantoensing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 134
Thanks Phil and Bob!!! I get it now... even though I already paid for it Y'all are priceless!!
__________________
--Nathan
2016 38a
nathantoensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Retusps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
You can get a y-connector. What I did was put a cam-lock on each drain and just switch the hose from drain to drain as needed.
Thanks BamaBob. I'm not sure how we are going to do it, we have 'till spring to figure it out and fine tune everything. Do know I want the Lippert system!
__________________
No matter where you go, there you are!

2018 3500 Chevy Silverado, Duramax, CC, Z71, SRW
2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 297rlds
Husky Centerline w/d hitch
Retusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #34
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Nathan,

The male adapter is for those times (like in Goshen )when you are getting pumped out or when you are at a CG that has a dump station/pump out that uses the old fashioned bayonet connections.

The adapter lets you connect those hoses to your ultra-modern and so very cool cam-lock system

So, tell the DW so she can un-roll her eyes LOL you really DO need the adapter because without it, no pump-out at Goshen for you

Glad to see they created the adapter. I remember that was one of the things we were discussing when we were all sitting around admiring your newly installed poop tube.

To the original OP, we never had a problem with our Rhino, but I do give the locking ring an extra twist to make sure they've stayed tight once or twice a year.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk... unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retusps View Post
Thanks BamaBob. I'm not sure how we are going to do it, we have 'till spring to figure it out and fine tune everything. Do know I want the Lippert system!
Lippert sells extra cam-lock adapters - it is easy-peasy!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Retusps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 105
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Lippert sells extra cam-lock adapters - it is easy-peasy!
Thanks
__________________
No matter where you go, there you are!

2018 3500 Chevy Silverado, Duramax, CC, Z71, SRW
2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 297rlds
Husky Centerline w/d hitch
Retusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #37
Member
 
stephencamiolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 77
I've been silently watching this thread and have asked Santa for the Lippert system and all the accessories for Christmas (LOL).
Question: Any good tips or mods for stinky slinky storage?
Thanks
Stephen


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
stephencamiolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencamiolo View Post
I've been silently watching this thread and have asked Santa for the Lippert system and all the accessories for Christmas (LOL).
Question: Any good tips or mods for stinky slinky storage?
Thanks
Stephen


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Stephen,

Give Lippert a call - they sell a storage box that mounts under your RV and stores the WasteMaster.
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,325
It is my understanding that the storage box does not work on class A's. The box is for towables.
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
It is my understanding that the storage box does not work on class A's. The box is for towables.
Correct and by the Time they buy All the Adapters the Factory Box is Way to Small! Members are still going to have a Dedicated Stinky Slinky Area/With Hoses! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.