Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Family Man with an RV

Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Take a Measurement for me on their 390BH?

Hey guys.... Can anyone do a quick measurement for me on their 390BH? I have a 2011 Berkshire 390BH. Mine is in the shop having the 1000 hr service done on the generator and I'm looking at doing an upgrade to the Master Bedroom TV.

Can anyone tell me the model of the 19" Toshiba TV that is in the Bedroom... I also need the Height and Width of the TV as well as the Height and Width of the actual opening between the cabinets where the Bedroom TV mounts as well as to the Top of the cabinet and the bottom of the cabinet.

I'm looking to see if I can swap out the mount that came from the factory so I can actually use the HDMI plug in the back as well as upgrade the TV to one a bit bigger and better quality without to much effort.

Thanks a lot guys.
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #2

My unit is in storage right now so I am unable to measurements or pictures. We have a 2012 390BH-60.

I pulled out the stock TV and installed an articulating arm and a rear Bluray player. In order to do this I;
-removed the stock TV and mount
-reinforced the mounting area to hold the extra weight
-installed articulating arm (this allow TV to be locked in tight to cabinet while driving and moved out and tilted for watching
-installed small thin shelf along bottom of cabinet to hold Bluray player
-plugged small power bar into outlet inside opening behind old TV (only single receptical and very hard to access)
-New TV snugs up tight to face frame while driving yet is slightly larger than opening
-I use existing cable to access HD antenna and front DVD signal and HDMI to access Bluray
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Family Man with an RV

What size and model TV did you add??
Old 06-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #4

Since the unit is in storage, I can not check for sure.

I want to say that it is about a 24inch. The modification was very inexpensive to do. It has been about 18 months now and my memory is not good but I seem to remember making the purchase either at Walmart or Costco. I took measurments and bought the biggest TV that would fit (its that male thing). Looked for a TV with a thin frame (to maximize picture size) and thin profile. I seem to recall the bluray player being a Sony. Again, I looked for a bluray with a very thin profile (only about an inch high).
If I remember correctly the TV was under 200 and the bluray about 80. The articulating arm was one of the more expensive parts ... I looked for something strong yet light weight.

It is important to have someway to mount the TV so that it can be viewed with a slight down angle ... this will ensure the best picture quality
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH

I have the same Berkshire Unit & year. The TV is mounted on a bracket and is removable. The model number is: 19C100U

The TV measures: 19 in across the front; 13 in high and 3 in deep.

The area between the cabinet is:

22 1/2 inches both front and back (top & bottom)

The depth between the cabinets is 4 3/8 in top and 8 inches at the bottom. The height of each cabinet is 17 inches. You could hang a TV lower, as the window valance is not in the way.

Hope that helps.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390BH

This photo may make the measurements in my prior message clearer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1943551495.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	31994

Old 06-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Family Man with an RV

Upgrading Bedroom RV & DVD system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
I have the same Berkshire Unit & year. The TV is mounted on a bracket and is removable. The model number is: 19C100U

The TV measures: 19 in across the front; 13 in high and 3 in deep.

The area between the cabinet is:

22 1/2 inches both front and back (top & bottom)

The depth between the cabinets is 4 3/8 in top and 8 inches at the bottom. The height of each cabinet is 17 inches. You could hang a TV lower, as the window valance is not in the way.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Guys... Measurements helped a lot. I'm pulling the trigger an a complete new TV set up and entertainment system for the Master Bedroom on Amazon today.

TV Set:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&tag=diin07-20 -VIZIO E-Series E241i-A1 24-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED Smart HDTV

It should fit just fine as it is only 20.1" wide and the fact that it has WIFI & Netflix is a plus when at a Campsite.

Mounting Arm:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&tag=diin07-20 - ATC Articulating Full Motion Swivel Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 10" 14" 17" 19" 20" 22" 23" 24" 26" 27" 32" LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Screen

This one looks like it should allow me to drill into the exiting plat that is there to mount to the new TV and adjust as needed.

HDMI Switcher:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&tag=diin07-20 - Portta PET0301S 3x1 HDMI Switcher Support 3D

This one is a pretty cool find. I like HDMI quality so this switcher should so the trick to allow me to use my DISH box on HDMI and a Blu-Ray DVD player. I was going to upgrade to the 3D version... but can't imagine using 3D glasses on the RIG. LOL

Blu-Ray with WIFI DVD Player:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&tag=diin07-20 - Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi

The price on this one was pretty good and although the TV I ordered already has WIFI, for $10 more why not add it.

I topped it off with a few HDMI Cables to make it all fit just the way I want and it will be arrive Wednesday with free shipping across the board. The entire upgrade is costing me only $350 including the HDMI Cables.

Superchief, thanks for taking the time to snap the picture and give me the detailed sizes. It was a big help to get the order placed today. Thanks a million.

Jason
Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #8
Family Man with an RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
This photo may make the measurements in my prior message clearer.

Attachment 31994
Hi Craig,

Ok... now you got me thinking.... what if I upgraded the Standard TV in the MidShip and added a sliding mount to allow me to gain access to the in Motion Sat Tv for the family while driving.

This looks like it will do the trick for a mount. Not to figure out how big a TV I can fit there. Amazon.com: MOR/ryde TV40002H Horizontal Sliding TV Mount: Automotive

Would you mind giving me a second measurement? I'm looking for the same details.... size of the current TV (Height and Width), size of the wooden panel on the back of the TV that is there now (Height and Width) as well as the distance from the Face of the TV to the slide when it opens and closes.

My goal is to see if I can upgrade the 32" stock TV to a Amazon.com: VIZIO E470i-A0 47-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart HDTV: Electronics, 9 x 42.3 x 26.9 inches or to a Amazon.com: VIZIO E420i-A1 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart HDTV: Electronics. This one is 8 x 38.1 x 24.5 inches. Not a huge difference in size for a nice TV upgrade.

If I can get that I can place the order for the TV and mount and have it all in at the same time. We are planning a trip on Friday and don't get our rig back until Thursday so I certainly appreciate the effort.

- Jason

Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Jason,

I took some photos and measurements that may help you. You don't have a lot if room there.

Name:	image-1531183240.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	32044

Name:	image-248256667.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	32045

Name:	image-1429569651.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	32046

The TV in recessed into molding. How far it goes in, I can't tell. Don't want to take the TV down.

Name:	image-65289700.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	32047

With the slide closed, there is only 34 inches between the edge of TV and the front of the refrigerator.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, let me know.

Craig

Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Family Man with an RV

Thanks again Craig. I'm going to order the Amazon.com: VIZIO E Series E370-A0 37-Inch 60 Hz 720p LED-Lit TV: Electronics as it looks like I can at least upgrade from a 32" TV to a 37" TV in the same spot. I'll give it a shot. I can always return it to Amazon if I can not get it to work out. Thanks a million for the pics and the help. You are awesome!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
Family Man with an RV

Ok. New TV installed and looks and works great. Love the bigger TV. Awesome set up and All HDMI. On all items.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2938616727.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	32800   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2378494580.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	32801   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3551187521.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	32802   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2514636256.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	32803  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Jason,

Very nice!! Looks great!! Let us know how you make out with the main TV replacement.

Craig

Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #13

Yes, no kidding. I'd like to know how the main TV mod goes as well. Been thinking I making that mod since before I bought the RV!

Other thoughts of mine on that subject:

The TV while slid out will experience greater than normal stresses since you are moving down the road, so maybe get a beefier than otherwise required mount? Maybe put a support of some sort on the fridge side to help carry the load when extended? Also, make sure the mount is secured to very sturdy parts of that built-in cabinet.

Kids or the DW may bang into the TV while extended. Extension/retraction should be easy to do even by the kids to allow access to the bathroom, though I guess they could crawl under. There should be a lock to keep it from sliding out unintentionally.

On the plus side, you can get much thinner LCDs nowadays that are also probably lighter.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote