Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #21

I almost purchased a Berk after giving up on my 2016 Georgetown but did a walk through and walked out and kept walking. I now own a SOB that had a couple of issues in the first year that were not related to the manufacturer of the unit but to the suppliers of components.

I think the Berk could be a very good unit if they would upgrade build quaility and quality control was stepped up. But the price point would move up to Newmar/Tiffin area. My 2 cents.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #22

The more I'm in my new Berk

Makes no difference how long PDI you do or what you find,you will almost always have issues. I had issues with my Flagstaff and got tired of dealing with dealer(you can guess which one). I got ahold of FR warrenty they paid my expenses to get it back to factor, And I went over issues with it. They even fixed damage from hail storm. Not their fault. I'm very pleased with the service. They will take care of you. I dealt with Mark in warrenty. They want happy campers. Give them a call you will be pleased.
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #23

We have a Coachmen Class A and since our dealer is much further than the factory we have had our issues dealt with at the factory service center. We’ve been extremely happy with the work done, they addressed each issue and even discovered some things they could improve on. I know Coachmen is not who you are dealing with but you would think Customer service amongst all the FR subsidiaries would be similar.
Sanibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
The other thing is a thorough pdi.. We spent hours on our artic wolf before we'd talk paperwork and money. If we were not happy we were prepared to walk and they knew it.
X2, or 1000, CANNOT stress the PDI enough! Make SURE everything is perfect and do not sign til it is.

You have the money, they want it, they will do whatever repairs are necessary to get it!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:22 AM   #25

Try to not let it drive you crazy, we have all been there, and it sucks. Try to remain calm, and if possible work with Mitch at the factory to get things resolved.
Remember- we all do this for fun- and the frustration can be overwhelming. It will all work out- Best of luck.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #26

In my opinion ForestRiver is crap. Have a 2017 fr3 and can’t wait to get rid of it. We should have bought a Tiffin
Luannr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luannr View Post
In my opinion ForestRiver is crap. Have a 2017 fr3 and can’t wait to get rid of it. We should have bought a Tiffin
Tiffin has the same problems- the factory is so over run with warranty work they will not do non-warranty repairs, and all warranties expire with the 1st owner.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
Attachment 168325

Brand new 2018 39A, came off the assembly line Nov. 1st

It was a hump day vehicle!!!! Monday’s they are recovering from weekend, Wednesday it’s midweek they are tired, then Friday they are thinking about the weekend.

Only leaves two good manufacturing days lol

Sorry about your issues.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #29

We spent 10 days at Lazydays in FL a few weeks ago and spent a few days looking over many coaches. Found issues with trim, doors and finish work on all of the units we looked at. It did not matter if it was a 100k unit or a 800k unit they all had issues. One of the very high end units had the cabinet door and framing hanging loose in the kitchen area. We did the driver training course and found the 276k unit that we drove for the class had more rattles and noises than our Coachmen Pursuit. That and a front drop down bunk bed that I had to duck down for when entering and exiting the coach.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
Tiffin has the same problems- the factory is so over run with warranty work they will not do non-warranty repairs, and all warranties expire with the 1st owner.
I have a few friends that own tiffins and the quality of the coach is so much better. Also if you have warranty or non warranty issues they standby their products. Guess you get what you pay for.
Luannr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #31

RV's are all crap ! I say that with over 30 yrs ownership experience behind me. I’ve owned (all new or relatively new) a Foretravel, 2 Lazy Daze, a Leisure Travel, 2 of the old GMC's, an FMC, and other pieces before buying my Forest River. They are not good investments, or even saving accounts. The ONLY real return you get is the pleasure that the freedom they give you in your travels. If you expect otherwise you WILL be disappointed.
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #32

These posts always turn into a bitch post. Nothing wrong with FR. I will say that the Diesel Plant turns out some great coaches. Problems? Of coarse. Every manufacture has them. They are absolutely the baes at responding and getting them repaired. My BIL is in Red Bay Al as we speak for the second time in 3 months with a brand new Phaeton IH. A 300,000$ Motorhome. Is it junk ? Hell no it’s a fantastic rig. My friend has a one year old Newmar and has been in and out of the shop several times. Again certainly not junk and a 600,000 $ Motorhome. Be patient and work with the dealer and with the factory. It takes time to get them right.
zuckerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #33
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
The more I'm in my New Berk-the less happy I am

We have a 2018 Berkshire XL40B and we are having a hard time deciding which items go on FR paperwork for rally service. I was lubing the slide timing bearings (seen looking up in basement storage) when I discover they were never lubed and the front bearings were sealed and covered up by spray foam insulation! Also found that #1 & #4 slide hydraulic actuators have severe chrome pitting, all in a 9 month old coach. It is no wonder since factory focus is quantity over quality. I think this will be our last FR product. At the prices we the customer are expected to pay, one should expect more quality from FR!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #34
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
A comment on the sales force, don’t believe anything they have to say, they will lie to you hoping you are too dumb and will buy the product in question. Who did we buy from? TVRV in Elkhart! Never again.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #35

Mikey,

Make your total list. Send it to Nicholas Hoover <nhoover@forestriverinc.com> and ask him which is FR and which is not.

Be sure to include your VIN as FR uses the last 8 digits of your VIN to track your coach.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #36

LESSON

I learned my lesson about forest river products...i had two and now i'm done...
Old 04-20-2018, 09:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
RV's are all crap ! I say that with over 30 yrs ownership experience behind me. I’ve owned (all new or relatively new) a Foretravel, 2 Lazy Daze, a Leisure Travel, 2 of the old GMC's, an FMC, and other pieces before buying my Forest River. They are not good investments, or even saving accounts. The ONLY real return you get is the pleasure that the freedom they give you in your travels. If you expect otherwise you WILL be disappointed.
You are a former Foretravel owner and you are now in a Forrester?

Really?

What IS that Smell?!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote