Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #1

The really important FL maintenance

Quite a long time ago (maybe a year or more) someone posted a yellow highlighted maint recommendation sheet they got at FL boot camp. The highlighted items are the ones that should be paid the most attention.

Now I can't find that post with a regular search.

Would anyone happen to bookmarked that message or some other means of easily retaining the post's content?? I think it might have been a PDF file.

boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #2

I start the class tomorrow. If they give us the same sheet, I will be more than happy to repost it here.

Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I start the class tomorrow. If they give us the same sheet, I will be more than happy to repost it here.

Ken
Thanks Ken.... Wish I was attending myself.

Boowho??
Old 07-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #4

Please do post any helpful info! Jealous and wish I could go... Someday when I grow up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #5

Okay....will do.

Downside is that I probably will not be able to post it until Thursday evening.
I will be busy picking up the wife in Louisville KY and trying to get home by 9AM Thursday to rescue the dogs from their doggie hotel.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #6

I think the post is here 3 up from the bottom.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...e-61848-2.html
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
I think the post is here 3 up from the bottom.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...e-61848-2.html
You sir, are really good. I could not find it, but that's the post I was thinking of.

Kenny, we'd all (I'm sure) appreciate anything else you get that might be helpful.

And obviously, if you can't do it for awhile that's fine; beggars can't be choosers.....

Boowho??
Old 07-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Okay....will do.

Downside is that I probably will not be able to post it until Thursday evening.
I will be busy picking up the wife in Louisville KY and trying to get home by 9AM Thursday to rescue the dogs from their doggie hotel.
If you get a chance to view the PDF's already posted, you might ask if the yellow highlights do indeed indicate the actually necessary (important) items. In other words, items which should attended to religiously.

A friend of mine who drove over-the-road says that NO commercial truck owner goes thru that incredibly long list of maint items.

I have done them all (the highlighted ones) except the rear axle oil. But first I need to find out the manufacturer of the axle and whether synthetic or non-synthetic oil was used at the factory.

My mechanic told me that synthetic and non-synthetic (at least on the front hubs) should never be mixed. Apparently they do not "work and play well together".

Boowho??
Old 07-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
If you get a chance to view the PDF's already posted, you might ask if the yellow highlights do indeed indicate the actually necessary (important) items. In other words, items which should attended to religiously.

A friend of mine who drove over-the-road says that NO commercial truck owner goes thru that incredibly long list of maint items.

I have done them all (the highlighted ones) except the rear axle oil. But first I need to find out the manufacturer of the axle and whether synthetic or non-synthetic oil was used at the factory.

My mechanic told me that synthetic and non-synthetic (at least on the front hubs) should never be mixed. Apparently they do not "work and play well together".

Boowho??
Boo, my oasis dealer told me the same thing as your friend. He said that motorhome owners don't generally have the extreme useage that truckers have, so they don't need to do all of the extra things. And they actually maintain the vehicles better than most truckers. They have a list of maintenance items that need to be done at the dealership. He just kind of chuckled when I showed him my list from Gaffney.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Boo, my oasis dealer told me the same thing as your friend. He said that motorhome owners don't generally have the extreme useage that truckers have, so they don't need to do all of the extra things. And they actually maintain the vehicles better than most truckers. They have a list of maintenance items that need to be done at the dealership. He just kind of chuckled when I showed him my list from Gaffney.

Rich

Yeah, overkill.....

Boowho??

Tags
maintenance