Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #1

Thermostat sensor reading skewed by weather

I have a Birkshire 400BH 2014.

It seems that my remote thermostat inside reading in zone 2 (bedroom) is heavily skewed by temperature outside. For example, if sun is shining on the motorhome wall and it gets hot outside, the thermostat will show that it is 90F inside, while it is actually 65F inside (measured by different thermometer) because air-conditioner keeps working in accordance with high thermostat sensor reading. Alternative, at night, when outside temperature drops down to 60F, the thermostat shows inside temperature of 70F while it is actually 77F in the room. When the temperature outside is consistently cold or hot, then I can set a thermostat to a certain temperature (not the actual desired temperature, but the one lower or higher) and it will keep the room at desired temperature. Zone 1 works normal is all temperature conditions and temperature on thermostat correspond to the temperature in the room independently of outside temperature.

Basically, if it is cold outside the thermostat sensor reading of inside temp is significantly lowered and if it is hot outside, the reading of inside temperature is significantly increased. It almost seems that the sensor is measuring the temperature of the wire that it is connected to instead of measuring temps inside the room.
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
Diesel Rep West Coast

Where is the thermoset located? For example is it on the wall buy any cut outs? For cut outs I mean slides or windows.
Eric B FR Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:25 PM   #3

The remote thermostat sensor that is not behaving properly is located on the bedroom wall. However, the problem is that the temperature in that particular spot of the room does not correspond to the reading that remote sensor provides to the thermostat. I measured it by taping another thermometer on the wall right by the sensor. I understand that different thermometers could be set differently, but t he temperature difference is not consistent and directly correlates with outside temperature. Therefore, I concluded that sensor reading is significantly skewed with outside temperature and actually measuring temperature of the wire that connects sensor to the control board.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:22 AM   #4

Temp Sense

Has anyone noticed that the sensor on the wall next to the cooktop is the living room sensor and the sensor next to the couch is the kitchen sensor?.
Also the refrigerator raises the temperature indicated in the living room.
Trappfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #5

I have only 2 zones in my coach. Zone 2 is the bedroom and it gives me these issues. Zone 1 works fine.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
Diesel Rep West Coast

who makes the thermostat in your coach?
Old 06-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #7

It is dometic comfort control center 2.

thank you
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #8
Diesel Rep West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
It is dometic comfort control center 2.

thank you
Have you tried to call dometic? 2014 is before my time in the Rv business.

Tags
thermostat