Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #1

TO- All Berkshire and Georgetown owners with side view cameras

Was just reading another post and discovered that the manufacturer of Jensen and Voyager products monitors this forum. I replied to the original post stating the numerous times that problems have ocurred with the Voyager side view cameras. If you want to add to this post so that we can enumerate all the problems maybe we can get some sort of resolution. The poster is: Jensenrvdirect if you would like to send a message directly to them but I think we should all try to reply to one post so that they can see how widespread the problem is!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #2

That is great news. I have not had the moisture issues with mine but could not be more disappointed with clarity of the system. I can't see the side view on daylight at all. I have adjusted the monitor but it just is not enough adjustment to make it work. I hate to think that I need to spend money on a color system to make this work.
2011 Berkshire 3900rb

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #3

Ditto Phil. No moisture but definite contrast/ brightness problems now matter how I adjust the screen unit.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

ASA works toward continuous improvement in all areas of our product line, including design, dependability, features & function. We stand behind our product and will warranty defective product as needed. For any warranty assistance, please feel free to visit your dealer or contact our Technical Service department at 877-845-8750 (M-F, 8:00AM to 6:00PM EDT).

We appreciate any feedback that helps us continue to make improvements to better meet our customer’s needs. I will forward any suggestions on to our product development team.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #5

Its nice to know that this forum is a source for feedback to the manufacturer. I have had a similar issue with my side view camera. Between the contrast and picture clarity, I have begun to rely exclusively on my mirrors. I have had no moisture issues. Since the Jensen is capable of supporting color cameras, an upgrade for a reasonable price might be worth it.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwood390bh View Post
Since the Jensen is capable of supporting color cameras, an upgrade for a reasonable price might be worth it.
Unfortunately a 'reasonable price' doesn't exist. According to their web site, they want from $396 to $460 per camera for color side view cameras. If they did have reasonable prices I would have upgraded long ago.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #7

I think that with the replies posted here there is a issue with the camera or the display. I also do not use the side much and the back in sunlight is not great. I was backing up to park and could not see a thing. I hit a sign post and did 50 dollars damage to a bike rim on a carrier. Thank goodness it was not the bumper.
The point is these cameras should work better and I am willing to pay to upgrade a reasonable amount. When I purchased my MH I new it had a B&W system I just thought it would work better.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar

Unfortunately a 'reasonable price' doesn't exist. According to their web site, they want from $396 to $460 per camera for color side view cameras. If they did have reasonable prices I would have upgraded long ago.
I agree. I almost pulled the trigger on color cameras but then saw it would be over $1k! In the scheme of things I guess I should not gripe since I paid over $150k for the coach. To bad they just didn't add color cameras to begin with - I could of handled the cost better.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #9

I just visited with Marc and Jan 62in the right lane and was surprised to learn the 2012 have been upgraded to color cameras. Must have had a problem with the B&W?

Old 06-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #10

We have had a lot of discussion on cameras on the thread and helpful PM's. I have used my MH for three weeks and driven six hundred or so miles all during the day and all in bright sunlight. The adjustments suggested by the manufacture have helped. I have the brightness and the contrast set at 7. I get some wash out yet mostly when first activating the camera and when there is reflection off a car or truck that is close. I don't know if this is just a B&W issue or if the color cameras are affected my this. I would love to here from anyone with the color cameras on this. I will most likely keep this upgrade on my wish list as I can't afford to spend the nine hundred or so to make it better. I will at some point switch them for color. Those still having issues try the settings at 7 and see if it helps for you. I had mine at 6&8 and this did help.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
We have had a lot of discussion on cameras on the thread and helpful PM's. I have used my MH for three weeks and driven six hundred or so miles all during the day and all in bright sunlight. The adjustments suggested by the manufacture have helped. I have the brightness and the contrast set at 7. I get some wash out yet mostly when first activating the camera and when there is reflection off a car or truck that is close. I don't know if this is just a B&W issue or if the color cameras are affected my this. I would love to here from anyone with the color cameras on this. I will most likely keep this upgrade on my wish list as I can't afford to spend the nine hundred or so to make it better. I will at some point switch them for color. Those still having issues try the settings at 7 and see if it helps for you. I had mine at 6&8 and this did help.
Phil, as you know I have color camera's all the way around and I'm parked at my place in Sandy Pines. I just checked and I have the brightness set to 4 and contrast and color are set to 6.

Setting in the drivers seat, while parked, I can count the lug nuts on the front tires. Image is clear and bright except for the sunlight issue described below.

My coach is facing SSE and I have a little afternoon sun hitting my passanger side camera. The direct sunlight is washing out the picture at the top right corner of my monitor, which would be normal for direct sunlight coming into the camera.

I have never noticed washout from reflection of another vehicle while driving. Not saying it can't happen; I've just never noticed it. In my opinion my color system produces a very good and reliable image while I'm under power.

On my previous motorhome I did have B&W side cameras and a color rear camera. I did get washout at times in just normal daylight. One of the B&W cameras was replaced under warranty because the washout continued to get worse until the camera just produced an image that looked like you were in heavy fog.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone has additional questions about the color system, which came standard on my 2012 Berkshire 360 FWS

Marc
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #12

Thanks Marc,
Hope your trip south was good. I heard it hit 100 on Friday. Makes you miss that cool Lake Huron breeze.
I'm working on getting things settled with the camera issue. I'll see what happens. It was nice to meet you and Jan and hope to run into you again. Be safe
Phil

Tags
berkshire