Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
hvstorck

toad battery

I'm new to towing. I have a Blue Ox baseplate and electrical connections with a charge line to car battery. I checked and have 12 volts at battery from this line. Is this enough to maintain battery or do I need to run car every nite? Randomly, battery is dead and I have to jump. Other times it's fine. Maybe a battery issue? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Harvey
hvstorck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

I use the RVI charger. But I do turn the car off at night because the charge line on the berk is only hot we the key is on. Your car maybe pulling power when in toad mode.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:16 AM   #3

when rv is running- if toad battery is charging you should read 12.7-14 volts.

So check toad voltage with car off and rv disconnected- then connect to rv, start rv and it should be higher.

Note- try with tow bar disconnected- you may have a bad ground and sometimes making ground through tow bar- sometimes not.

Tags
battery, toad