Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #1

Updating CoPilot on MagnaDyne M10

I have a Magnadyne M10 radio unit, with the Co-Pilot Navigation Software.

Does anyone know how to update the maps or any other updates on this unit.

Mine shows currently Version 9.6.6.429.
Data: GRD_ALK.NA-base-4.2016.03.12.7.1.1
Cities:
cities: CTY_ALK.NA-North.America-4.2016.03.12.7.1.1.1

There is more information on the POI Data section, but all appears to have the 2016.03.12 (March 12th, 2016) timestamp.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

We just picked up our new 2018 XL 40C so we are still wading through the information overload of the radio! Our first chore was to find out how to make the rear camera stay on constantly. (we had to use the remote to get to the settings menu to change it to constant on). You may have to call MagnaDyne to get the answers you need. Keep me posted on what you find out.
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks

I noticed an earlier post about needing a software update for the camera issue. My coach is in storage, but from my test with engine switch on but not running, I think the camera issue is not a problem for me.

I like the radio, and installed a few apps for weather, news and sports from my home wifi before I put it in storage. I just want to keep the maps information as up-to-date as possible. I also use a Garmin RV 660, as a hold over from my previous coach.

I see we have the same coach. Will share any information I get. Please do same.

Have you installed the SiriusXM module on your radio ? It is quite the process to get the app to come up once the SiriusXM tuner is installed. I got the tech support to send me the procedure. Can send if you are interested.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #4

Call Mark Jones at Tech Support Magnadyne 800-638-3600. If you don't have the latest he will send you a chip with the latest which also corrects the problem with the rear camera not coming back after the turn signal cancels. I don't think the update includes map updates.
planopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by planopat View Post
Call Mark Jones at Tech Support Magnadyne 800-638-3600. If you don't have the latest he will send you a chip with the latest which also corrects the problem with the rear camera not coming back after the turn signal cancels. I don't think the update includes map updates.

I have a question about this camera update. I got the SD update card from Magnadyne, but the first instruction says to remove the SD card for my GPS from the top right corner slot. My slot is empty! If I run the SD card camera update they sent, won’t this overwrite the entire software? How do I reload my maps if I don’t have an SD for my GPS? Is my GPS SD card missing? I’m afraid to proceed now. I want our cameras to switch back to the rear view after signaling! (But I don’t want to unavoidably lose my GPS data too!)

We have a 2018 38 A.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:10 AM   #6

I have a 17.5 38A w/ 10" Magnadyne but its been several months since I did the update and I don't remember the sequence. Mark's instructions to me were that when I received the card, to call him from the rig and he'd walk me through it and he did just that. He'll take care of you. Also, I think the map software is separate and had no effect on the same process that I went through.
planopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by planopat View Post
I have a 17.5 38A w/ 10" Magnadyne but its been several months since I did the update and I don't remember the sequence. Mark's instructions to me were that when I received the card, to call him from the rig and he'd walk me through it and he did just that. He'll take care of you. Also, I think the map software is separate and had no effect on the same process that I went through.

Ok, thanks! I will call Magnadyne just to be certain I’m not erasing my map database when I do this update!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #8

Must be the season for Berkshire 38As. We picked up our 2018 last week and are experiencing the same problem with the turn signal camera not returning to center. I called Mark Jones this morning at the number "planopat" provided and Mark said he would get an SD card with the fix in the mail today! Also, said to call anytime I have a question about how the radio operates. To me, that sounds like good customer service.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Must be the season for Berkshire 38As. We picked up our 2018 last week and are experiencing the same problem with the turn signal camera not returning to center. I called Mark Jones this morning at the number "planopat" provided and Mark said he would get an SD card with the fix in the mail today! Also, said to call anytime I have a question about how the radio operates. To me, that sounds like good customer service.

Yes, they were super easy to deal with. I still need to call and ask a few questions before I run my update. Just wondering if your 38A has an SD card in that upper right corner slot (under the little flap cover)...

Let me know how your radio update goes and since we have the same unit, any feedback you may have on other issues is also greatly appreciated!

I did learn last weekend we cannot connect the Precision Control panel to my iPhone. [emoji21] We have to have the upgraded version of that little black panel in our wet bay...I guess that’s on the XLTs maybe...Also, I’ve been downloading manuals on every system possible and now have the FR iPhone app with all the owners manuals. Even with the app, I’ve had to search beyond that for some of our components.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2018, 02:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampTBug View Post
Yes, they were super easy to deal with. I still need to call and ask a few questions before I run my update. Just wondering if your 38A has an SD card in that upper right corner slot (under the little flap cover)...

Let me know how your radio update goes and since we have the same unit, any feedback you may have on other issues is also greatly appreciated!

I did learn last weekend we cannot connect the Precision Control panel to my iPhone. [emoji21] We have to have the upgraded version of that little black panel in our wet bay...I guess that’s on the XLTs maybe...Also, I’ve been downloading manuals on every system possible and now have the FR iPhone app with all the owners manuals. Even with the app, I’ve had to search beyond that for some of our components.

Thanks!
The SD card slot on my 38A is actually a "micro" SD slot and it came empty. Regarding the manuals, I did not get a chassis/engine/coach master manual. Called the dealer and they contacted Tim Cunningham at FR who said there should have been a set in the bag they gave me. After confirming the full contents of the bag, the said they would send me a set, but noted that they were expensive which is why they wanted to confirm I did not get them.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #11

Thanks! Ours is a micro slot too and is also empty. I was just concerned because the camera update says to first remove that SD card...Then, part two of the instructions say to reload your nav system. I figured that “missing” SD card could be my map database but maybe not! When you get the update packet, this may make more sense. Let me know how your update goes. Our rig is at storage right now so I haven’t completed ours yet. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Welcome to the Berkshire Family!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 02-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampTBug View Post

Thanks!
New Info from my previous post: Called Mark and got the micro SD card in the mail two days later. For those who are having trouble as noted above, there are actually two micro SD slots. I too failed to notice the lower one which is hard to see. Sure enough, there was the navigation card which has to be removed before doing the MagnaDyne update. While there are instructions glued to the SD card Mark sent, they are too short and unclear. The good news is that Mark also included three full color pages showing exactly what buttons to push all the way through the process, which you do only after removing the navigation chip (in a specified sequence). There is a second three-page set of excellent color instructions on exactly how to reinstall the navigation SD card. When it was all done, the camera switched as it is supposed to. However, the CoPilot version was still the 9.6.6.429 version. Surely, there must be CoPilot software updates that come out periodically. Does anyone know about how we find out when a new one comes and how to get it installed?
Old 02-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #14

Quote:
New Info from my previous post: Called Mark and got the micro SD card in the mail two days later. For those who are having trouble as noted above, there are actually two micro SD slots. I too failed to notice the lower one which is hard to see. Sure enough, there was the navigation card which has to be removed before doing the MagnaDyne update. While there are instructions glued to the SD card Mark sent, they are too short and unclear. The good news is that Mark also included three full color pages showing exactly what buttons to push all the way through the process, which you do only after removing the navigation chip (in a specified sequence). There is a second three-page set of excellent color instructions on exactly how to reinstall the navigation SD card. When it was all done, the camera switched as it is supposed to. However, the CoPilot version was still the 9.6.6.429 version. Surely, there must be CoPilot software updates that come out periodically. Does anyone know about how we find out when a new one comes and how to get it installed?

I just checked our SD slot again and we definitely do not have a card in that slot. I will contact FR to see if I can get one as I’m almost certain I will erase our map database if I run that camera update. Then I’ll be without maps and no SD card to restore them.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #15

Can we back up the magnadyne M10 (android) to a micro SD card ?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #16

I did my camera update. It went fine. I did have to put the “camera” icon back on our main display screen. It disappeared after the update and I panicked, but I swiped left and found it on page 2 of our apps. I held down the icon and dragged it back to the main screen. Easy peasy! The only issue I had, as mentioned in my earlier posts, was that our SD card was missing for CoPilot. I decided to run the update anyway because our camera function was more important to us than CoPilot. We have an external GPS unit we use. I called Mark at Magnadyne and he is sending me the CoPilot SD card so I can also restore that program in our unit. Magnadyne and Mark Jones have all been very helpful through this whole process. They send the SD cards quickly and don’t hesitate to offer customer support. I know we all appreciate great customer service on our RV components!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #17

Same for me, but how do you update the maps in Co-pilot.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Same for me, but how do you update the maps in Co-pilot.

Mark said the maps are on that external SD card and that’s why it must remain in the slot at all times. I got the SD card yesterday in the mail but haven’t installed it yet. Mine is dated Nov 2016 it appears. I’m not sure if there’s a more current map database or not.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #19

We received our SD card today for the update to our Magnadyne.
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #20

you should be able to connect your iphone.
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote