Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Dragonship Captain

What a cruise.....

We did a quick 7 night Disney stay at Fort Wilderness.....

It's 1060 miles straight through, we had three days on the way down to beat the winter weather which was literally closing in on the area in our rear view mirror.

On the way home we had somewhere to be.... 750 yesterday, left Orlando at 10am and I timed the Metropolitan areas (Orlando, Jax, Savannah, Richmond) perfectly. Wallymart just North of Richmond at 3am, and starting 10 am another 300 today including a section of the DC beltway around noon then over to the East Shore. Fortunately the beltway gave us no headache... it was a busy but steady progress. Then we caught up with the weather.... we're talking RAIN.... I was considering a snorkel mod for the Cummins... holy cow.... Basement compartments took on some water.... those seals are not Ocean rated I guess. Then again, as a sailor I know how hard it is to keep the water out.

But she ran like a train, without a hickup and I must say it's the least fatiguing vehicle I have ever driven, and that includes a semi.

Average rolling speed 60mph.... not too shabby.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:08 PM   #2

Glad to hear your trip went well and you must have came by our home today and brought that rain with you. Take a look at the link below and come out and join us in June, it will be a much shorter ride

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-173474.html
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:17 AM   #3

I agree with the ride. We drove from Daytona back down to Fort Myers, about a 275 mile drive, in the rain all the way. At times, I found myself daydreaming and only when I looked down and saw the dashboard did I remember I was driving the Motor home and not my F-150.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote