Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2015, 08:22 AM   #1

What is your Great and To-Avoid Service Centers

KennyGolub in his thread http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ngs-93347.html
has finally got his ordeal fixed by what he says is a great FL service in Canton Ohio. Earlier in his thread, he had miserable experiences with a Allison and a FL center.

I thought it might be beneficial to everyone to give names and locations of where they either had great service or service to avoid.

My Great Service
Risco RV, Farmingdale, NJ
Freightliner Oasis, Gaffney, SC

My To-Avoid
Dylans RV, Sewell, NJ
Camping World, Bridgeport, NJ
Old 10-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #2

Have not had any "to avoids" yet, thankfully. But I will recommend Freightliner of Kalamazoo/Mattawan truck and Oasis dealer. They do quality work at fair/reasonable prices.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:32 AM   #3

Oh, forgot the most important place. Forest River diesel factory support in Elkhart. They go above and beyond!

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #4

If you're in Colorado Springs and need service, be sure to AVOID Premier auto and rv.
This place overcharges big time!

2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #5

If at all possible, I try to avoid ANY FL shop this is NOT an Oasis. Truck mechanics HATE working on motor homes.

There is an independent in shop Pahrump, NV (Rod Paulson Inc) that does good work.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #6

Cummings in Ventura California 2 big thumbs up. FL in Oxnard neutral. Good work but S L O W.
JMosley33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
If at all possible, I try to avoid ANY FL shop this is NOT an Oasis. Truck mechanics HATE working on motor homes.

Boowho??
Can you really blame them ? Having to work on that engine from going through the inside of a nicely finished coach, that's tight for space at best. Working off of carpet or ceramic flooring that people will scrutinize for any trace of dirt or grease. Truly a nightmare IMO .

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #8

Hans Freightliner, near Cleveland Ohio, is listed as an oasis service center, but when you call them (both times I tried), all they want to say is that their priority is trucks and they will get to your coach when they have time.

Jus' sayin'
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
KennyGolub in his thread http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ngs-93347.html
has finally got his ordeal fixed by what he says is a great FL service in Canton Ohio. Earlier in his thread, he had miserable experiences with a Allison and a FL center.

I thought it might be beneficial to everyone to give names and locations of where they either had great service or service to avoid.

My Great Service
Risco RV, Farmingdale, NJ
Freightliner Oasis, Gaffney, SC

My To-Avoid
Dylans RV, Sewell, NJ
Camping World, Bridgeport, NJ
Are you willing to expound on Dylan's and the Bridgeport Camping World. I am just wondering why as I have considered both but have not done so yet.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I give two thumbs up to American RV in Grand Rapids, MI. And don't be scared off because they share a facility with Camping World. All the techs and service reps belong to American, so even if you purchase service from CW, the ones doing the work belong to American and the work performed meets the high standards that they set.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Are you willing to expound on Dylan's and the Bridgeport Camping World. I am just wondering why as I have considered both but have not done so yet.
One month ago a buddy of mine with a Berkshire had CW of Bridgeport look into the fridge not cooling. He paid over $300 to replace a thermistor, which was not the problem and the workmanship was poor. He replaced the cooling unit for the Dometic at Risco and was satisfied. I had hydraulic work done at Risco and was satisfied.

Dylans got very nasty with us for not buying the RV from them. - Hank
Old 10-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #12

Stay away from CW in Fort Myers, FL. they are hacks at best. They screwed up the wiring on the toad. They put the brake assist warning light in the padded dash where I can't see it why driving. They installed the central vac system in the cabinet below the tv rather than in the basement.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I would not advise service work at Camping World in Panama City, Fl. They wanted to charge me $117 to fill a 20lb propane tank and wouldn't even acknowledge my protest that others ranged between $25 and $30. Then to top that off, I wanted to purchase a new Hot Water Heater element but they were out of them. However, they would have been glad to order me one and charge me shipping for something they should have had to begin with! Ended up going to RV Connection in Panama City and got my tank filled for $27 and a new heating element for half the price of CW and it was in stock. While in the Panama City area I'll definitely head to RV Connection before going to CW.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #14

Great service = Vaughn's RV Service in Indianola, Iowa
Avoid if possible = Des Moines RV in Des Moines, IA
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #15

Nay on Barber RV in Ventura, Ca. They blew out my MBS Sprinter engine & starter on my vehicle's very first oil/ filter service. I lost my summer vacation too. They claimed "their best tech" worked on my Solera. It cost them over $22,000.00 for putting a filter in wrong!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #16

Lazy Days Tuscan AZ. Stay away. We had some warranty repairs done (we were stuck there for a month) less than 30 days later they all back went to the Factory and all were fixed within 2 1/2 days. Buy a Berkshire they have the best service available and they WILL stand behind their products just saying!
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #17
Professional Texan

I avoid getting any kind of service from Camping World in Katy, Texas. I believe in 2nd and sometime even 3rd chances especially when this shop is so close and convenient to where I live. But you eventually learn.

I purchase a new travel trailer from this CW and had warranty work done and a insurance claim repair done. Every time I took some for them to fix they may or may not fix it and usually damaged two or three other things. Once I pick up my trailer and took to a camp ground only to find they had kept my power cord.

The only positive thing was that twice they left a few small hand tools in the trailer. I kept them.

I should have been tip off from the beginning because the first time I had to go back for service. The day I bought my trailer. I pulled out of CW with a new trailer and went straight to a near by campground. While unhooking from my TV I realized that the Hitch Ball was hand tight. Since I didn't have a thin wall socket required to tighten it I took it back to CW. They tightened it with a pipe wrench......

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #18

Smile Great RV Dealer and Service Center!

I have been meaning to post about this great RV Dealer and Service Center for some time. It is a family owned dealer that has been absolutely fantastic to buy and service our fifth wheel Sandpiper 371 REBH. From Sales to Service, I have been treated better than any other RV or Auto dealer I've ever used. All their employees are as nice as the owner. They are a second generation business owners that understand the meaning of customer service! They are:

Great RV Dealer and Service Center:

Roskopf's Recreational Vehicle Center Limited
3284 Pioneer Road
Menomonee Falls WI 53051
(262) 674-1582
tom_sanfelippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #19

RV World of Lakeland FL.
Just plain worthless.
Sales and service.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
I would not advise service work at Camping World in Panama City, Fl. They wanted to charge me $117 to fill a 20lb propane tank and wouldn't even acknowledge my protest that others ranged between $25 and $30. Then to top that off, I wanted to purchase a new Hot Water Heater element but they were out of them. However, they would have been glad to order me one and charge me shipping for something they should have had to begin with! Ended up going to RV Connection in Panama City and got my tank filled for $27 and a new heating element for half the price of CW and it was in stock. While in the Panama City area I'll definitely head to RV Connection before going to CW.
Most Home Depot stores carry the camco screw in 120v element you need for a RV water heater. Price is in the $10 range
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service