Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #1

Winterizing Basic Question

We've been using our new 2013 pretty much full time since we bought it 6 months ago and now its time to think about winterizing it. We never had any problem winterizing our previous MH, a Dutchstar, and figured this would be easy.

On our old MH the hose to insert into the gallon antifreeze was easily accessable along with the valves to direct the intake. Everything was right there when you opened the door to the bin. I couldn't find them on the Berkshire and called Lazy Days and they said they don't install them at the factory any more and you have to have a kit installed. Is this correct?
jimanddonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #2

There is a large bay door just in front of the rear wheels on the passenger side. There is no paddle latch on the door to open it. There are 2 clasps under the door that need to be opened in order to lift the door. Once you lift the door, the water pump and plumbing needed to winterize the coach will be there. Not sure which model Berkshire you have but I'm pretty sure that it will be the same for your coach.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #3

Thanks tmmar. Finished winterizing due to your help. Now the MH is tucked away until April 15 (end of tax season).
Old 01-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #4

Curious as to which berkshire you have and which Dutch star you traded from. I have been looking at the Dutch star and interested in the differences. Thanks
Debbie
Old 01-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #5

jimanddonna,
Glad I was able to help and everything worked out well. Don't you just love the dealers! They are just full of useful information.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #6

Debbie,

We traded in our 2000 DS3885 that we had used as full timers for 10+ years and then just summers lately. We were sorry to have to give it up because it was a great motor home but it had about 160K miles on it and it was time to trade. We traded to a Berkshire 390FL.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #7

That is awesome to have done that much traveling!, I will be looking at the 390FL and 390RB at the Tampa show. You get a lot with the berkshires and I was curious about Newmar comfort drive.
With it snowing outside can not wait to get to Florida sunshine. Lol

Tags
winter, winterize