Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #1

Wnd Noise

Anybody experiencing loud wind noise? Seems to be coming from passenger side windshield or door seam? Could also be coming in through AC duct by stairwell? We have a '13 360ql and it's darn annoying!

Buzz
rvdrmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #2

Is your door closed tightly enough that the deadbolt is easy to engage? When we got ours the door latch was out of adjustment which kept the door from being closed and locked tight to the door frame. It was most easily noticed when it rained and I had been finding water on the inside top of the door.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjracsj View Post
Is your door closed tightly enough that the deadbolt is easy to engage? When we got ours the door latch was out of adjustment which kept the door from being closed and locked tight to the door frame. It was most easily noticed when it rained and I had been finding water on the inside top of the door.
We've never been able to close dead bolt from inside but can do so from outside. Dealer has reinstalled striker plate but not enough clearance for us to pull door shut from inside. Haven't seen any water inside during travel or high rain periods up to now.

Buzz
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #4

If you cant close the deadbolt from inside the door catch mechanism probably needs adjustment. I thought ours was a striker plate issue too but it is the catch mechansim that needed adjustment. It is actually a double catch - it should click once when the door is lightly closed and click shut tight again when closed firmly. Most dealer salespeople dont even know about this. We got lucky that in a huge dealership there was just one tech who knew how it worked and it only took him a few minutes to get it right. Nobody else had any idea. The double catch seems to be what allows you to close the door tightly when locking it and is hard to explain but is why the lock post on the inside of the door frame is supposed to slide up and down just a bit allowing the mechanism to catch it when closed lightly or closed tight. If it is working right you will hear a soft click when lightly closing the door and a second click when you more frimly push the door tight. At least this is what the tech showed me and now our door closes tight and the deadbolt is very easy to engage.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #5

I'll try it again when I get back to RV. I can clearly see the 2 level close from the outside. We have to use the bottom or handle lock key only with the lighter closeS. We slam it harder it goes into door frame almost flush and the deadbolt can then be used which is the top lock. We think we're pulling pretty hard on the door from the inside but we can't seem to get enough closure to engage the deadbolt at night, even with both hands on the inside door handle. Don't want to bend the door or frame?

Buzz
Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #6

Same problem on our '14. Door closes easy enough - with two clicks - from the outside, but we have to really slam it from the inside in order to engage the deadbolt. If that isn't done then the wind noise is heard when driving. Have not seen any water infiltration at all.

Since it closes easy from outside I'm thinking if I adjust to make is easier to close all the way from inside that I'll wind up with more wind noise .
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #7

Just noticed the same noise from that genera area. Two trips, perfectly quiet. Now relocating to another storage area, it whistled the entire way. Deadbolt used to be tough to latch. I did notice that it was much easier to engage this time. Could the weatherproofing have lost it's pliability so quick? I'm going to check it tomorrow and try to condition the rubber. Won't be able to drive it for a bit.

JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #8

Wnd Noise

Solved the wind noise issue. Wind coming in at the door hinges. Put 3 strips of closed cell insulation foam on the inside edge of door frame equal lengths (about 7 inches long) where each of the 3 door hinges fasten to door jam. Now it closes nicely with no wind noise! We're very happy campers