Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Would you buy a Berkshire again?

We are getting down to a final decision on a new rig. It is between the Berkshire 390bh and the Tiffin Allegro 38qba. So my questions to any Berkshire owners are what year is your rig and would you buy another Berkshire or go elsewhere?

Thanks for your help. When you are getting ready to drop a chunk of dough like this, you want all the info you can get!
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #2

I have a 2008 390bh and really like it. Had a couple of problems with the kitchen slide (fixed by FR) and with air valves (Freightliner) but they seem to be corrected now. I think that you really get a lot of coach for the money. I ocasionally look around and a comparable coach would be a lot more money. If everything stays the same (my family size-number of grandchildren), I think I would buy another Forest River.
tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #3

I have recently ordered a Berkshire 390BH and I already own a Forest River Georgetown. I looked at the Tiffin diesel pusher with the bunks (would be the Allegro Red) which is a very nice unit with special attention given to quality. I visited the Berkshire plant last week and am happy I went with the Berkshire. It was all about what you are willing to live with for the money. I would rather had the Allegro in some respects but I could only justify the Berkshire. If money is not a problem then go with the Allegro. But if money does play into the arena, then the Berkshire is right for you.

Right now they have a $70k rebate, 40k in free upgrades. It will come with every possible upgrade including the washer/dryer combo, double paine windows, fantastic fans, day/nite shades etc...

Yes the Allegro comes very fully equipped but still too much money for me. Now if service is your priority THEN GO TO THE TIFFIN AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

I have a friend with one and the owner of Tiffin himself handled the issue. They are hell bent on making you happy.
GT350DSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
2008 Berkshire Owner

I've posted many negative reviews concerning my 2008 Berkshire, but I will admit the customer service at Forest River is excellent. I don't hold them responsible for the defective parts in my unit, just the "so-so" craftmanship.

Would I purchase another Berkshire? Yes
RVNDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #5

I purchased a 2008 Berkshire 39QS in October 2008. The street side slideout behind the drivers seat leaked and Forest River took it back to the factory and fixed it. We have had other minor issues that have been corrected also. Matt at Forest River has been great to work with. I am really impressed with their customer service. While it has been frustrating at times with some of the issues we have dealt with on a new unit, I would definetly buy this motorhome again.

2008 Forest River Berkshire 390QS
2006 Ford Focus Toad
Sometimes 6X12 enclosed trailer with a
2007 1200c HD Sportster & a 2006
HD Night Train
06nighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Thanks so much for your input. What we are finding is that the two units, the Berkshire 390bh and the Tiffin Allegro 38qba are almost identical in price. The 2010 Berkshire looks like they have upgraded it dramatically from the earlier models. Things like tile floors, washer/dryer, double paned windows and more put it in the same class with the Tiffin. Our main question is the quality of the Berkshire when compared to the Tiffin. From what you folks are telling me, it looks like we shouldn't be overly concerned with quality issues as the factory is very willing to make good on things.
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
2008 Berkshire Owner

Good assessment.
RVNDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire