Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #21

My 2016 doesn’t have that, as far as I’m aware. When I was at freightliner and going through the issues they indicated only driving or the system would force it (or of course they could thru their computer). Varies by year and program maybe.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #22
Dragonship Captain

Not on mine.... Same thing..... driving or dealer with computer.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 PM   #23

I got a yellow engine light on my Colorado. I thought that if had done some damage to the engine it would not make any difference, but I had a friend use his analyzer / decoder ($150.00 at Harbor Freight) to figure out what was going on. The code analysis indicated a problem with air flow. Air flow can be anything from the venting for the gas tank to problems with the Catalclysmic Perverter. The consensus was to drive on. So, I went the extra mile (1,200 of them) and finally got it to my dealer. The 2015 Colorado was still under warranty for the work. Dealer could not find anything wrong. Mechanic said I may have gotten some bad gas (too much Sulphur or possibly some diesel(???)) and that would be enough to trigger the sensor. It could be road dust that made it past a filter... a spider in an air tube (???). In the end they did a reset and said to bring it in again if the light came back on. I called up my buddy with the analyzer and asked him if he could reset codes with it. He took a little while looking through the directions, and then said that his device could. I thought of that 1,200 mile drive looking nervously at that yellow light and wondering. The mechanic at the dealer said if it is a serious problem, it will turn yellow and blink. If it turns red, that is when you should pull over and shut down A.S.A.P.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:02 PM   #24
Superdutycamping

Im sure you have already found out the problem but thought i would comment anyway im assuming you have a freightliner chassis and i do know that the solid engine light with no writing in it is what is referred to as a mil light on the freightliners with the detroit set up and there is usually nothing we can do about it unless it turns on the other engine lights i work for a trucking company in gaffney and we have been have a lot of emissions problems with the freightliner trucks i have a onebox ordered for a unit now its on backorder not due till after the first of February at a cost of 14k so apparently freightliner is have some aftertreatment issues just giving mytwo cents worth wishing you luck
Superdutymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light