Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2022, 08:32 PM   #1

12 volt Fridge issue

Just took my 2022 geo pro 15tb out on its maiden voyage and have found a host of problems on my 6000km trip. The most worry-some one is the magic chef 4.3 fridge/freezer. The mounting system they use relys solely on a rear inner mount bracket that the unit sits on and a hokey front bracket that lags into the face of the cabinet with #8 wood screws. Half way thru my trip we noticed the fridge tilting outwards and leaning to one side. I had to drill thru the front cabinet to secure the bracket with small bolts and nuts. This only held for one days drive and the fridge is loose and bouncing again. This is an absolutely terrible design that for sure others will have to deal with as well.
Anyone else yet run into this and had any luck with getting it rectified?
buckcreedhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:25 AM   #2

The same issue can be found with the 11 cf unit installed in the MiniLite series. The one in my 2513s was poorly installed but not to extent yours was. See the MiniLite 2511 forum discussion on this very issue.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion
rvflyer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:00 AM   #3

Thanks, I'll try to find it. When I get home from my holiday I intend to pull out the fridge and rebuild proper mounting. I can't afford to waste time letting the dealer put a bandaid repair on it.
I am actually looking for the installation instructions before I pull it out just to save time and screw ups.
buckcreedhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvflyer57 View Post
The same issue can be found with the 11 cf unit installed in the MiniLite series. The one in my 2513s was poorly installed but not to extent yours was. See the MiniLite 2511 forum discussion on this very issue.
Rockwood really screwed up the framing around these fridges. I have a 2511s and fridget is framed out and sits the slide out. Same thing happened. Fridge tilted and I could even shut the fridge door without it smacking the wood frame. The dealer fixed it right away under warranty. The had to take out the Fridge and rebuild all the internal framing. Other than scratching my floor and leaving a mess, they did a great job and so far so good. They say the framing from the factory was a mess. I had the same problem with a drawer in our bedroom - that goes under the cabinet. That framing was bad. I had to to take out the drawer and fix myself. Yes, there are several threads on this in the 2511s conversations. Good luck
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, fridge