Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2021, 06:11 PM   #41

Interesting. You are assuming a residential fridge. I assumed a built-in 12V RV/boat fridge. Does the RV being a "Cardinal" suggest it would have a residential fridge? My experience is with a 12V that replaced a Dometic gas fridge. A residential fridge would never be possible in my 30' FR fifth wheel.
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:55 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
I am not a fan of making 50 or 60 holes in the roof for the panels.

Nor am I. If I were to put solar panels on the roof of my TT it would be the same way most are installed on residential roofs. On rails fastened at each end to a structural member and in such a manner that all panels would be flat, not following the roof's curvature.

This would minimize number of holes, more securely hold panels, and rather than panels on one side being in more favorable tilt than other side when parked in an east/west orientation all panels would be producing equally. At least as well as flat panels do.

Rail mounting could also provide for easier tilting if one desired. Great for extended off grid camping but probably a pain for short stays. I have seen a lot of tilted panels on TT's and Coachs the last two times I camped at Quartzsite.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:19 AM   #43

bobkatz5, weíve had out TT about 6 months with one 4 night dry camping time. Ours is a 12v Furrion, had an issue with many connection in the fridge needing tightened, the ground literally fell off in the techs fingers. Fortunately it quit in the driveway before our first trip.

Ours came with a 100w panel on the roof which is good when in full sun, I had the batteries set up with 2-6v GC2 gold cart batteries. The power consumption included the fridge on Off Grid, the use of my CPAP and some furnace in the mornings, it lasted the dry camp trip.

The Con is for those who dry camp some or boondock they need to plan for spending some more money after the purchase to expand the array, increase the size of the charge controller and possibly a larger battery bank. There isnít a company that can set this up for everyoneís use and Iím fine with that. I plan to add 200w more in solar panels using the factory wiring, increase the charge controller and possibly add to the battery bank which is currently at 220ah
Old 11-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #44

2020 29VBUD 12V fridge

I have one in my newly acquired Salem. Camped this weekend and it worked great. No complaints. Hitched up to the truck it ran the whole way there and was perfect temp when we got set up at the campground. Have another trip this week, 4 hours. Planning on putting some food in the fridge just to test it out.
JmanTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:54 PM   #45

1997 Sierra-Fridge/Freezer Issue

My fridge & freezer seem to work when the dang well feel like it.
They seem to work primarily on propane. Electricity sometimes helps.
Not sure if they are on their way out? Or fickle?
PerkyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:28 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkyCamper View Post
My fridge & freezer seem to work when the dang well feel like it.

They seem to work primarily on propane. Electricity sometimes helps.

Not sure if they are on their way out? Or fickle?
This thread is about a 12v only fridge, not a 2-way RV fridge.
You need to start your own thread on your topic since you don't have a 12v only fridge.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:39 PM   #47

I have a new Dometic 12v refrigerator in a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2706WS. The refrigerator is set on the highest setting on performance mode. The temperature in the refrigerator will not get lower than 40 degrees. Is the refrigerator defective?
Nomad1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carvercamper View Post
The fridge works great in our 2018 Shasta. It only takes a few hours to cool. I can only set it on 2 1/2 if I go higher thing freeze in the fridge.
We have the same problem with the 12v Everchill in our Wildwood X-Lite. I had it set to 3 (the factory setting) and overnight it froze an entire pot of chili.

I ended up having to turn it all the way to 1 so it didn't freeze everything inside.

The only issue we have had with it was that the noisy compressor ran for a few hours while we were trying to sleep after putting that same pot of chili back in after eating dinner without giving it enough time to cool.
K_M_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, refrigerator