Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #1

12V tv problems

OK all, this is a wierd one. I have a 2017 sunseeker 3170ds. We are dry camping and have zero issues, except we do not have power to our outdoor tv, outdoor dvd/radio player, and bunk room tv. However. We have power to all other tvs and cd DVD players in the rv, and everything else works. It's almost like those 3 items are on a 12v system that came unplugged, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where they're plugged into. It looks almost like they're hardwired into the 12v system?

They are DEFINITELY 12v, I double checked, and I've looked in every panel I can find. Help me!
roadtriprvrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #2

I would start by looking for a fuse. If you can start at your fuse breaker panel to ensure wires are getting power and go from there. Since the bunk room TV is also out start where the power starts not at individual items. A test light or multimeter will be of tremendous help.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #3

Thanks. I checked in the fuse box and found the outdoor tv fuse. Has a little white reset button on the back, so maybe a breaker not a fuse? Anyway I pushed the button but no go. There is no spot in the fuse box for the bunk room tv, so I thought maybe it was wired into the same circuit. It's still under warranty but I hate dealing with rv dealerships. They take 9 years to do anything and usually try to weasel their way out of it.
roadtriprvrental is offline   Reply With Quote