Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2024, 11:03 AM   #1

18RJBBL Wolf Pup Black Label Back up Camera l -

Hi everyone..... recently bought the above toy hauler and I cannot figure out how to connect it to my Android phone. Please see attached for the camera info....I am using the android app called OneControl to try to add the camera.....tried connecting via 5G and I am not sure how to activate the WiFi in the camper if needed.....very confused owner 😢
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	299810  
ltcol18thnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:43 AM   #2

I have the same camera on my 14CC. That thing is so fussy, I only tried it once to see if it worked, and it took a while to figure out. It takes longer to get the camera working than it takes to park the camper. First, the running lights have to be on for the camera to get power. The camera sets up its own wi-fi network. You have to connect your phone to that network, using the credentials printed on the camera. My Android phone throws up warnings about not having internet access and asking if I really want to connect. Once it's connected you can use the One Control app to show a grainy, fuzzy image, and if you're lucky, the camera is pointed where it will do you some good. I gather from others that the range of the camera is poor, so it may not even reach inside your tow vehicle.

I just have my wife keep an eye out and let me know when I've backed far enough.

Tags
back up camera, black, camera, wolf pup