Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #1

2007 Puma Kit. Receptacle stopped working

I have 2007, 25ft Puma. One 120V kitchen receptacle above sink counter ---not GFI, go figure---- and it has been working fine for months. I took removed receptacle to check if wires feeding it were hot. Not hot. One set of wire feeds the outdoor receptacle, so dissconnected and irrelevant.

Before the above, I checked for blown breaker. None blown. So I checked to see if leads out of breakers were hot. All leads out of 5 beakers are hot.

GFI receptacle in bath works. Three other receptcles on their circuit working fine. I dont know where this single and only kitchen circuit my branch off from. I traced it in wall coming out into the celing but no idea where it goes next to get its juice/power.

There has been only one thing I have done recently ---suddenly dawned on me---- and that was to replace to old analog dometic thermostat, with a honeywell that runs off batteries.

My Puma is permant since parking it here so no bouncing on the road to loosen the feed to the kitchen receptacle. So I'm like, can one of those 6 low voltace DC wires in thermostat cause this kit. receptacle to not work?

I wouldnt think so, yet it is strange coincidence that the outlet worked fine before I changed the themostat and first time I no go to use that outle, no power to it.

I follow instructions from utube video on how to reconnect wires in the Honeywell thermostat, ---and A/C unit working afterwards---- and of the 6 wires only one is not recoonnected and I believe that is the red ---7.5+ marking on old analog--- so I believe I read that it powered the analog, so that wire is left not connected.

So if any one has and idea of;

1] where exactly does my kit. receptacle get its feed from a box branch of another circuit in celing{?},

2} in the celing where A/C unit resides and I know some of those wires feed the furnace.

It is kinda of weird for this outlet to just loose its feed/power and after I had just replaced the thermostat a few days ago. H,mmmm.
SAMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #2

something to check is the GFI may have power but not be passing thru the power to the kitchen circuit Make sure all the wires at the GFI are tight and power is being passed thru.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
something to check is the GFI may have power but not be passing thru the power to the kitchen circuit Make sure all the wires at the GFI are tight and power is being passed thru.

Sea dog. GFI? The kit. receptacle is not GFI. However, I do see in large print on inside cover over the breakerss/transformer the is breaker { split 15amp breaker? } that is marked GFI.

The only GFI in this Puma is the one in bathroom, so I assumed that is that circuit. Maybe I test that now to see. sure that GFI breaker is for bathroom.

So if you can be more specific with the GFI your speaking of, I would sure appreciate it, cause this seems weird for no reason to have occured loss of power to my non-GFI outlet above kitchen sink counter.

It should have been a GFI but is not and never was, to best of my guess cause it is still the cheapo RV type of outlet. Thank you for your consideration of my issues here.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #4

The GFI in the bath on almost all the rigs also feeds the kitchen circuit and the outside receptacle On the 30 amp rigs.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #5

Quote:
The GFI in the bath on almost all the rigs also feeds the kitchen circuit and the outside receptacle On the 30 amp rigs.

Ok now I follow you. So teh bath GFI may feed kit oulet. That would explain why it is not a GFI. Thanks. I will go pull out bath GFI and look for dissconnect wire, or whatever.

Yeah, this pathway of thought makes sense. I didnt think of it cause the bath GFI is so far away. So I will go check it out now. thanks again Seadog.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:

Seadog, ha, that was the problem. That GFI had the red light on, and some GFI's if the red green etc light is on, that means its hot, others its the opposite. So I just leave my tooth brush plugged in there all the time, and I guess the red light has come on some time in last few weeks ---maybe electrical storms we been having--- since I used kit. outlet last. Not very often.

But I never thought of that light on telling no power please reset. Duhh!

Seadog you the man! Well, I have some ripped out wall plywood above kit counter now, --duct tape it-- but I did learn that receptacle feeds the outside outlet. And I learned microwave is not on that circuit and has its own circuit, nor do I think the hotwater heater is on that circui.

Well I had already bought a 15amp GFI ---and outdoor box-- to replace that kit outlet, cause I dont like any of these RV type receptacles. Thanks again Seadog. I owe you a drink

Tags
puma