Old 03-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #1

2011 Brookstone 354ts

Our exterior security lite above the entrance door stays on... Both sides of the on/off switch are live .. is there a relay some were.. and how do I know if it is N.F.G. Thanks..
Freddie f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #2

No relays I know of. Think you just got a bad switch. I'd replace that first as the easiest.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdaniels4 View Post
No relays I know of. Think you just got a bad switch. I'd replace that first as the easiest.
First thing I did was to replace the switch... Both. Sides of the switch are always live... Weather switch is on/off.. as of now have removed the bulb..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie f View Post
Our exterior security lite above the entrance door stays on... Both sides of the on/off switch are live .. is there a relay some were.. and how do I know if it is N.F.G. Thanks..
Old 03-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #4

As noted there is no relay.

We have an 11 354ts also.

Here is a pic of our "command center".

As you can see I have marked the switches, including the porch. Is yours basically the same?

I found that Coachmen installed some switching upside down (up for off, down for on). Assuming you ruled that out, it sounds like some kind of miswire going on.

On our 354 there are also small lights at the bottom of the door that are attached to the same switch. They come on when the door is opened, however, the porch switch must be on for them to come on. So to have them work and not have the porch light lit all the time, I also removed the bulb from it. Does your 354 have these foot lights at the door?

We use awning lights, so the lack of the above door porch light is not an issue for us.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply.... Yes we do have the same factory lite setup as you... Also the small strip door lites they do not work .. That's what makes me think there is a relay... Maybe I should continue Leaving the bulb out... and install my own solar powered step lite...

Tags
2011, roo