Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #1

2011 Flagstaff V-Lite Furnace inoperative

When we pulled the trailer off the lot last fall the furnace had been made to work by the maintenance staff at PPL Houston. When we went camping in late December it would not work at all. No fan, no clicking, nothing. The A/C works fine. Fan only works fine, but not on the "Heat" setting. Propane tanks full. Battery charged. Can't find a blown fuse. Thanks in advance
jrmartin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 PM   #2

Hello there, I have a 2012 V-lite and had the same problem with mine also. What I did was I removed the furnace and gave it a good cleaning. It could be the fan safety switch, sometimes these switches just act up and stick. If this happens it thinks the fan is not running so the furnace will not try to light. Hope this helps.
getastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #3

Hi Trailer should be pluged in to 110 volts to make sure there is sufficient 12 volt power to operate the furnace. I have a 2015 v lite with a Coleman thermostat. there are two switch on the front which are left switch = (cool off heat) right switch = (auto low high, and high low on). The right switch is for a/c fan speed only and will not influence the furnace fan. With the left switch in the heating position it should start the furnace fan if there is a call for heat by the room temperature setting. If the furnace fan dose not start in the heat setting and temperature turned up all the way the furnace electronic control board may be burned out.

Hope this helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, flagstaff, furnace, v-lite