Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #1

2011 Georgetown 378 Is there an external coax connector?

I've looked in the water and power locker but don't see one. There is a connection for a phone in the power locker which isn't of much help these days. I assume that you can tap into the cable at a campground, if available. This rig has a Tracvision if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Jim.
AverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #2

Coax connector for what purpose?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #3

google it!!!
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #4

My 2012 GT378= In the power cable bay on the back wall down low is the coax port for park cable input. First bay aft of door is a coax port for external TV and also a 120Vac receptacle for that TV.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
My 2012 GT378= In the power cable bay on the back wall down low is the coax port for park cable input. First bay aft of door is a coax port for external TV and also a 120Vac receptacle for that TV.
I wondered what that outlet was for. I see the coax port now. I didn't notice it before.

I was told by the previous owner that the connector in the power bay was for telephone. I made the mistake of believing him, even though he was somewhat inaccurate in other areas. For instance I asked him if it had an inverter. He assured me it did, which I was pretty sure was wrong. It doesn't.

I popped the cover off of the "telephone connection" and what to my amazement did I find, but a type F female coax connector.

Now if I can figure out which of the bunch of coax cables go where, I might have cable TV. Since I'm at least the 3rd owner there's no telling what mods have been done.

Thanks,
Jim.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #6

Do you have one of these in the copilot overhead bin?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VCS-3__65204.1492456884.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	239997  
Old 09-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #7

This is the basic coax install for a 2012 GT378
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Wiring.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	240003  
Old 09-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #8

maybe on the inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy View Post
For instance I asked him if it had an inverter. He assured me it did, which I was pretty sure was wrong. It doesn't.

Thanks,
Jim.
Jim, I don't know what refrigerator you have in your 378 but my 377 has a residential refrigerator and it does have an inverter that only runs the outlet that supplies electricity to the refrigerator when not running the generator or plugged into shore power. If you don't have the residential refrigerator then you probably don't have an inverter but if you do, the inverter is there somewhere. Mine is behind a covered area just above the LP storage tank.

Sorry for the off topic post but thought it might be helpful.

Craig

2013 Georgetown XL 377TS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Craiginok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:56 PM   #9

Coax

Our 2011 378 is exactly like bubbles
paperbbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #10
Winn

TV Cable outlet outside

Quote:
I've looked in the water and power locker but don't see one. There is a connection for a phone in the power locker which isn't of much help these days. I assume that you can tap into the cable at a campground, if available. This rig has a Tracvision if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Jim.
Mine is in the Electrrical compartment aside of the Electric line on wall of compartment.
winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
Winn

Mine is in the Electrrical compartment aside of the Electric line on wall of compartment.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginok View Post
Jim, I don't know what refrigerator you have in your 378 but my 377 has a residential refrigerator and it does have an inverter that only runs the outlet that supplies electricity to the refrigerator when not running the generator or plugged into shore power. If you don't have the residential refrigerator then you probably don't have an inverter but if you do, the inverter is there somewhere. Mine is behind a covered area just above the LP storage tank.

Sorry for the off topic post but thought it might be helpful.

Craig
It's not a residential refer. I'm pretty sure there isn't one on board, but I'll poke around. Thanks for the tip.
Jim.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:08 AM   #13
Winn

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn View Post
That is the outside compartment wall where electric calle is. My inverter is there also.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #14

No, I don't have that Movievision control panel, I don't think. On the far right cabinet is a small electronic box with about 3 female type F connections and a couple of cables with type F male connectors and a DVD player+. I haven't bothered to ring them out since the TV is bolted down and I can't really get to all the connectors. I see something connected to the A/V connections (RCA white/red/yellow). The TV works from the antenna input and I get a signal from the DVD player on one of the inputs. It might be the RGB input, but I don't recall which it was for sure. I really didn't pay much attention to the other input sources. I did see that it had multiple HDMI inputs but I can't get to them without unbolting the TV. I'm guessing from what I've read that the electronic device might be an amplifier but I didn't inspect it very closely. It's hanging on the cable(s) and they are pretty stiff, so I didn't want to try to bend it up to look at the other sides. The side that's exposed is open.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn View Post
That is the outside compartment wall where electric calle is. My inverter is there also.
There is a box there, but I judged it to be a converter. I've had boats with inverters before and all of them had monitors/controls accessible from an control panel. The small inverters that run residential refers are pretty automated and have no need for expansive monitoring and control I suspect. The might have an indicator light to show the status. I have nothing that gives me a feeling that I would have an inverter. The documents that came with the rig didn't mention an inverter either. I have a generator so I probably don't have an inverter.

I do have 2 group 24 deep cycle batteries. They claim to be deep cycle batteries but they also tell me how many cold cranking amps they provide. I think they only are about 70 amp hour batteries. My last boat had 4 T-105 6V batteries and gave me about 400 amp hours. When these batteries die, I'll swap them for a couple of T-105s.

Jim.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:34 AM   #16

Quote:
If the small electronic box is similar to this it is a coax splitter. Your GT is probably not wired for HDMI. Yes, the yellow/red/white is most likely the interconnect between the TV and the DVD player.
I'm familiar with splitters. This is somewhat bigger than that. There are some electronic components exposed. If I can't figure it out, I'll take a picture and post it.

I agree with your suggestion WRT HDMI.
Thanks,
Jim.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #17

Quote:
This is the basic coax install for a 2012 GT378
That's probably pretty much what mine looks like, except I haven't found the switch box, the 3 input, one output box at the center of your schematic. I can't read the print, but from how it is connected, I understand its purpose. Thanks for sharing.

Jim.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #18

Quote:
I'm familiar with splitters. This is somewhat bigger than that. There are some electronic components exposed. If I can't figure it out, I'll take a picture and post it.

I agree with your suggestion WRT HDMI.
Thanks,
Jim.
If it has anything to do with the TracVision I am not familiar with that Sat system.

Tags
2011, georgetown