Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #1

2011, Sunseeker 3170 Master Bedroom TV

Howdy Campers,
I have freed my RV from winter storage and time to get rambling once again. This year I have vowed to know the inside of it a bit better - and the first question I have is...

The Master Bedroom TV, can I watch a DVD movie on it through the main entertainment system?
For that matter, can I get a movie to play on the big TV over the passenger seat as well? I figure there must be a way to do it, but I have read and pressed a lot of buttons in the past - but to no avail.

(FYI, it is a 2011 Forest River Sunseeker 3170 with the bunk beds).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks...happy RV-ing.

Brian
BMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
geezer with gadgets

Hello BMATT,

I also have a 2011 3170ds, but it didn't have the bedroom tv. I do have the front one over the passenger's seat and the one in the "kid's zone". Each has it's own independent DVD player and haven't seen any way to connect them for any reason. i.e., movie, tv, etc. Front one has the dvd built in and the bunk area one has the Jensen system in the cabinet below the tv. Guess I wasn't much help. Maybe someone else will be able to assist you more.

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86 2018: 57 2019: 30
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMATT View Post
Howdy Campers,
I have freed my RV from winter storage and time to get rambling once again. This year I have vowed to know the inside of it a bit better - and the first question I have is...

The Master Bedroom TV, can I watch a DVD movie on it through the main entertainment system?
For that matter, can I get a movie to play on the big TV over the passenger seat as well? I figure there must be a way to do it, but I have read and pressed a lot of buttons in the past - but to no avail.

(FYI, it is a 2011 Forest River Sunseeker 3170 with the bunk beds).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks...happy RV-ing.

Brian
Brian, can't help you with your dvd question yet.
We have a 3171DS on order. Question I have for you is, have you had any problems with your slides, and if so what? Thx, Ben
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #4

No problem with slides at all - treat them well though. I generally use the bunks as storage space so make sure you take all the stuff off before you slide in or out, don't want the mechanisms to have to push any extra weight.
Also, I have a great local RV dealer/service department close by, don't ever be afraid of "preventative" maintenance - it is a lot cheaper than actually waiting until something goes wrong.
BMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #5

Hi BMATT
I have the setup with 2 TVs - 1 in the bunk above the passenger and the other in the Kids zone.. you can have the DVD from the head unit playing on both TVs. There will be distribution box in the cabinet next to the front TV. Select the DVD option for both Front and Rear TVs. And tune your TVs to either Channel 3 or 4 (depends on the selector option behind the distribution box)

Cheers..
vriyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vriyer View Post
Hi BMATT
I have the setup with 2 TVs - 1 in the bunk above the passenger and the other in the Kids zone.. you can have the DVD from the head unit playing on both TVs. There will be distribution box in the cabinet next to the front TV. Select the DVD option for both Front and Rear TVs. And tune your TVs to either Channel 3 or 4 (depends on the selector option behind the distribution box)

Cheers..
I have nothing like this on a 2010 3170DS. There is no integration between the front TV, dash head-unit, kids TV and/or bedroom TV. This must be a newer model thing.
knockando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 3170, bed, roo, sunseeker