Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

2012 385 SAQ Furnace question

Hello, I have a new Sandpiper 385 SAQ. The furnace appears to operate properly as warm air comes out of the floor vents and warms ther unit. However, cooler air also comes out of the ceiling vents at the same time. I assume this is from the fan/blower and that this is to keep air circulating through the cabin. Units I've owned in the past did not blow cooler air out of the ceiling vents as if the furnace adn a/c were both activated. Is this normal and is there a way to prevent the fan from blowing cooler air from the ceiling vents? i particulalry don't like the ceiling vent in the master bedroom blowing cool air on me over the course of the night when i'm using the unit. My thermostat has 3 settings: "Cool; Fan; and Furnace" so those are the only three choices I have and I dont have the option of turning the fan/blower off that I'm aware of.

Thanks for your help.
Woody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think, don't have the directions in front of me, if you look up the thermostat, the fan needs to be in "auto" to work right. Otherwise it will come on low or high whenever the thermostat calls for heat or cool, depending on settings.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #3

Thanks for you reply. I don't have a setting on my thermostat that allows me to set the fan to "Auto". This is a different thermostat than i've seen before. It simply has 3 choices: "Cool"; "Fan"; or "Furnace". Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'll check my owners manual.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #4

How bout a pic of your tstat. On mine, I go to fan, then toggle it to auto/lo/high, then switch back to AC or heat and the fan will run according to how I set it.
Hope that helps
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #5

Thanks! Ya know I'm thinking you're right about that. I bet if i go to the "Fan" setting and then press "+" or "-" as I would when setting the temperature it will probably display auto/lo/high or off. I haven't tried that yet. I'll give that a try. My unit is on my farm and my young sons and I use it for hunting for the most part. Going to be cool here in Kentucky this weekend so I need to get this furnace issue resolved. Thanks again.