Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #1

2012 Grey Wolf 26RL-- TOUCH AUDIO DVD/RADIO

We just purchased a new but technically used 2012 26RL Grey Wolf which has a Touch Audio (brand?) FM/USB/DVD player built into the cabinet. The problem is that the man who owned the TT before us for one whole day did not return the manuals or remotes so the dealer gave us manuals from another Grey Wolf they had which was a stupid idea and a mistake that will cost the owner of that TT as much problem as we are having. The DVD player is stuck on captions which needs to be turned off with the remote that isn't included. Does anyone own one of these and know of a way we can contact the manufacturer for a new remote and manual to work this thing?
kayterz2no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #2

I have the same or similar unit, but nut sure how to turn cc off without the remote? How about disconnecting the power and see if it will reset?
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #3

Yes, if disconnecting the power (both 12 volt and 120 volt) doesn't reset it, you will need the remote.

When I bought my trailer I had issues with the remote, and was pricing out a replacement. I contacted Lippert and they gave me a part number and told me to call their 1-800 number as they didn't think the remote was available on their web store.

Part number is 247381 and their number is 1-866-524-7821. This was fall of 2010 and the price for the remote was just over $50 at the time.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #4

I have pretty much the same problem. I just purchased a Forest River 2012 V-Cross 27' travel trailer from my credit union. The original purchaser passed away before he could go camping in it. I guess the family let it go back rather than make the payments.

I do have all of the manuals for the on board equipment. I am missing the remote control for the Touch Audio VD-300i. I have been able to solve lots of programming problems from the front panel, but it seems limited.

I would prefer to not try to use a universal remote. Does anyone have a used remote for a VD-300i or a VD-400i they would like to sell?
TitusLlewelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

I found a surplus dealer on eBay that had a remote so I will not be needing one now. Thanks for all that looked at this post.
TitusLlewelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #6

I have a 2012 19rr toy hauler, the problem i have with the stero/dvd is the touch screen, i can not get it to do anything, unless i use the remote, and when I try to use the stereo it just keeps going thru the radio stations and dosent stop, anyone have this issue, or have any sugestions? thanks
russ54220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #7

My touch panel works fine. The only "issue" is that you have to push a button twice, as the first press just brings the panel out of sleep mode.

I understand why they do that, they don't want an accidental touch to cause a DVD to stop or something. However the same thing happens with the remote as well.

However it does sound like a different issue that you are having, Russ.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #8

i have the same system 28' grey wolf. works fine with surround speakers but does not work on tv speakers. no surround speakers in bedroom.
joelk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ54220 View Post
I have a 2012 19rr toy hauler, the problem i have with the stero/dvd is the touch screen, i can not get it to do anything, unless i use the remote, and when I try to use the stereo it just keeps going thru the radio stations and dosent stop, anyone have this issue, or have any sugestions? thanks

You are either in a bad reception area or something is wrong with your antenna. Pull the radio out...there may be an antenna connection behind it that is unplugged. I cant recall on mine if there was one or not.

As far as speaker selection...You can only use either the TV speakers or the installed audio speaker in the trailer. Has to be switched in programming for the TV. I find this nice because when i'm laying in bed I can just switch to the TV speakers and not wake up the lil one sleeping in the back bunk.

The double tap display was wierd to figure out the first time but the unit is not all that bad once it is figured out.

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote