Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2021, 07:49 PM   #1

2013 Forester 3171DS sound system issues!

We recently bought a 2013 Forester 3171DS as our first motorhome. The kid that walked us through the RV didn't know how to work most of it. This brings me to the problem.

I cannot figure out how to get the cabin speakers to work with the TV. There are two sets of RCA cables coming from the cabinet. One set is red and white audio, and the other set is red, white, and yellow AV. I tried both sets with the dash stereo. The two prong cable allows me to play the TV through the cockpit speakers on AV2 and the center cabin speaker (if I turn on the center speaker on the EQ). I tried turning the switch between A, B, and Both, but did not hear a difference.

Any Advice?

We also have an outdoor entertainment system with a tv, stereo, and two speakers. I can't figure out how to get the tv to play through those speakers either.
Joe H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:35 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Wha sound system other then the dash radio do you have installed? I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to answer your questions.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

Did you try the front-rear balance? On my system the cabin speakers are rear and the cockpit speakers are front.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Wha sound system other then the dash radio do you have installed? I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to answer your questions.
Everything in the RV is Jensen besides the dash stereo. The dash stereo does not have a brand label. The main TV was switched out with a vizio smart tv.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
Did you try the front-rear balance? On my system the cabin speakers are rear and the cockpit speakers are front.
Thanks. I did try that. It did not seem to work.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:24 PM   #6

Everything I have is different than yours however I had a similar issue

1. My sound system had to be switched to ARC as HDMI... wouldn't work
2. The volume had to be way up, almost max

Good luck
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:05 PM   #7

RCA cables are not digital friendly. Try setting the output of the tv sound to something other than digital.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #8

Couple other things on my system if you haven’t tried but the tv speakers need to be turned off in the menu and the sound output is set to “variable “.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #9

I tried turning the speakers off on the TV and changing the settings for the audio output. The center speaker works on the surround, but none of the others will come in, regardless of audio output setting.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #10

How many speakers do you have? I have the two in the front doors and 4 in the roof of the coach. They are not surround sound just left and right with the 4 in the roof on the rear output.
I’m a little confused what you are calling the centre channel unless you have an aftermarket soundbar.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
How many speakers do you have? I have the two in the front doors and 4 in the roof of the coach. They are not surround sound just left and right with the 4 in the roof on the rear output.
I’m a little confused what you are calling the centre channel unless you have an aftermarket soundbar.
There are two speakers in the cockpit and 5 speakers in the coach. Three speakers are in the front above the cockpit/over-cab bunk. Two speakers are in the back kitchen area. The center speaker of the three in front is the only one that plays any audio, besides the cockpit speakers. That center speaker is toggled on/off on the EQ in the dash stereo. It works as a normal center channel speaker, where it plays mostly dialogue/speech.

Tags
2013, forester