Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #1

Unhappy 2014 30wfkss

It has been a year since we purchased our rv. We posted a few comments on problems we had with the trailer and haven't been on forum for awhile. Too much much to recall. We first had issues with towing, we are not happy with the outcome on that one but will have to live with it. If we go over 60 miles an hour still will sway some. Then the issues with the oven, icebox, broken window have been resolved. The icebox freezer still frosts over too much. But another issue have to live with. We have taken the trailer on five camping trips. Each time we have had to take back to dealer for repairs as something has gone wrong with it. We used the trailer on labor day. Got to lake and icebox didn't work at all. Had to go to nearest town and buy a huge ice chest to keep food. To be camping in an new trailer to say the least I was not a happy camper. We just went to the lake a week ago. Hoping not to have any major problems. Wanted to get away and have a happy trip. Would you believe, as opening the slideout, it caught the tv and tore the trim on slideout into almost pulled it away from panel. Wow, what else can go wrong? The tv and radio system wouldn't work. I called Ron Hoover and they walked me through some steps to get it working. Couldn't get any channels on radio but the weather channel. Oh well, will worry about that later. It was a cold first few days at the lake and on Friday the sun came out and warmed up. I turned on the A/c in the living area and would only blow hot air. That took the cake. What on earth have we gotten ourselves into. An expensive nice looking RV that seems to be a lemon from day one. I have talked to the dealership and say we have to bring in to have checked out. It is almost a hundred mile trip there and back. So not easy for us to take in.
Would you say this is the norm? I suppose I am spoiled having a new wilderness lite fleetwood for 12 years and no problems. The a/c still going strong. Sold it within two days. Then purchased the flagstaff 2014 thinking I was getting a updated better made rv only to be so disappointed and very unhappy with the purchase.
I would appreciate any advice or feed back on what you think of this problem we have gotten ourselves into. Thanks for listening.
I have talked to the customer service main office but didn't really get any satisfaction as to what to do. Said to work with the dealership but they think this is just things to deal with. I really don't feel these things should be happening with a new rv. Now the year warranty has gone out and we did buy the extended warranty but there will be a deductible to pay.
Please help me to feel better!
porter lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Forest rivers 2nd year warranty has no deductible. :what:

I'd say the "swaying" has to do with your WDH not the camper unless you tongue weight is to low.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #3

All the options with swaying has been checked out. No problem with truck. We were told that with this rv can't get over 65 mph. If this were the only issue would not be too bad. It is now all the other problems. Also, taking the rv back to dealership each time we go camping is getting old. Not something we should have to deal with. If bought used might would understand. But a new one?? I don't think so.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

P rated tires on the truck?
I've pulled alot of trailers over the years big and small.
Tongue weight is a big issue.
Have you ever weighed the truck and trailer? You'll have to weigh them to find the issue.
If not you'll never know .
Old 03-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #5

Yes, all has been checked out, weighed and anythings else that could have been done. final results was this rv can't be towed over 65 mph. Now the big issue is the a/c.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #6

A/C in living area will only blow hot air. What could be wrong that only after 5 camping trips this would go out? Only a year old.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Low on freon "complete replacement"
Bad control board.
Compressor locked up.
Bad thermostat.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #8

Should this happen to the Air-conditioning unit while suppose to be new? I suppose I am having a hard time with so much going wrong with the first year of purchase. Is this common for a new rv? I know the previous rv was 12 years old and never one problem with air conditioner.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter lizard View Post
Should this happen to the Air-conditioning unit while suppose to be new? I suppose I am having a hard time with so much going wrong with the first year of purchase. Is this common for a new rv? I know the previous rv was 12 years old and never one problem with air conditioner.
We've seen new a/c units on here go belly up when new.
I've not had an a/c unit fail in the last three campers dating back to early 2000 's
Unfortunately it does happen tho.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #10

Thanks, our camper has been in the shop more than at home.

Tags