Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #1

2014 HW277 Electrical Switches

Brand new to this forum. I purchased a used 2014 Rockwood HW277 and the owner has done some additional wiring by adding a usb/cig lighter outlet, etc. next to the stereo so things are a bit screwed up. The stereo quit working and upon removing the stereo from the cabinet there are a few unattached wires that I am trying to connect. There are 3 standard equipment switches that are on the cabinet on the left as you enter the door. I'm not certain what they all they are supposed to power on and off. I know the top one is the power for the ceiling lights, I THINK the middle one is for the outside speakers? What is the bottom one supposed to power on and off? IF somebody has created a wiring drawing for this cabinet it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
World Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #2

I have the same year and model can u send a pic of the switches one might be for the lights on the floor
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Trekker View Post
Brand new to this forum. I purchased a used 2014 Rockwood HW277 and the owner has done some additional wiring by adding a usb/cig lighter outlet, etc. next to the stereo so things are a bit screwed up. The stereo quit working and upon removing the stereo from the cabinet there are a few unattached wires that I am trying to connect. There are 3 standard equipment switches that are on the cabinet on the left as you enter the door. I'm not certain what they all they are supposed to power on and off. I know the top one is the power for the ceiling lights, I THINK the middle one is for the outside speakers? What is the bottom one supposed to power on and off? IF somebody has created a wiring drawing for this cabinet it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Post pics as they are usually more helpful than a description.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:30 PM   #4

Electrical Switches on HW277

Thanks for replying to my post for wiring help. I was able to get the neighborhood Mr. Fixit to sort out the wiring problem. Turns out the usb, cig lighter box the previous owner attached was wired incorrectly, and the neighbor was able to re-wire it so the lower switch of the two appears to run only the floor light (he bypassed the usb, cig lighter box). Does that jive with your setup? If not, what else does it power on your rig? On another note, do your electrical outlets have power when you are on battery power only? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_155746.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	239758  
World Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Trekker View Post
On another note, do your electrical outlets have power when you are on battery power only? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
This thread link below is aimed at new RV owners to help them understand the systems in their RV's. The very first link there will help you in understanding what works off of 12 volt DC (battery) and what works off of 120 volt AC (shore power)

I would suggest reading all of the links but especially the very first one about the electrical system, and then the one about "converter/inverter, they are different"

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ts-157524.html

Hope it helps and welcome aboard.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #6

If on battery only 110 outlets, AC and microwave won't work.
If you have a TV and it is a 110 TV it won't work either. Some RVs have 12volt TVs.
Good luck.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:05 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
If on battery only 110 outlets, AC and microwave won't work.
If you have a TV and it is a 110 TV it won't work either. Some RVs have 12volt TVs.
Good luck.
Popups generally don't come with tvs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #8

Didn't see that this was a pop-up. Just trying to answer the question.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, electric, electrical, switch