Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #1

2018 Rockwood roo stove hood question

We bought a lightly used roo and the stove hood light and fan we're working intermittently. So I did a little investigating and found that in the small space between the floor of the cabinet right above it its power line ran through a little plastic box with a PCB and the power cable wrapped around a large ferrite ring. One of the solder connections where the power connected to the PCB was broken so the wire was just sitting in the hole loose which explains the intermittent connection, so I fixed that but wondering why the vent Hood would need a ferrite ring? if I understand correctly those are usually used to take interfering frequencies out of a power line, why would a light and fan on a stove hood cause an issue like that?

one other thing I might mention is the little PCB also had a little resistor at the input and the output for the power and and one of them was burnt up. Everything still seems to work fine without it but not sure if I should look into replacing it or not?
It would help to know why Rockwood thought the stove needed a ferrite ring on the vent Hood powerline? Does it cause interference with the radio or Bluetooth or something possibly?
DawsonMobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #2

Don't remember (camper's in storage), but I think the fan and/or light should be two speed/brightness. I'd guess the resistor has something to do with the lower speed/brightness. Is one of them only showing one speed/brightness?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Don't remember (camper's in storage), but I think the fan and/or light should be two speed/brightness. I'd guess the resistor has something to do with the lower speed/brightness. Is one of them only showing one speed/brightness?
Mines actually a single speed fan so just a simple on\off for the light and fan.
That might be the answer to the question though....it does make sense that something like a ferrite ring might be needed for a multi-speed fan since circuits like that often can cause noise that interferes with certain frequencies so they may just stick it in there on all of them rather it needs it or not.

Thx!
DawsonMobley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo