Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #1

26dbh flat screen mount question

So I'm wanting to hang my flat screen in my new 26dbh with the mount that came with the camper. I'm trying to hang my 32 inch TV and the mount that is provided for the TV isn't big enough to attach to the back of the TV. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy the situation besides getting a new TV that the bracket fits... thanks in advance!
purple_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #2

I just sold that model. First, I measured the distance in inches between the top of the shelve below the tv, to the bottom of the cabinet above. I think (?) that was 39" in my case, but unsure. Then I researched TV's not by advertised size, but by actual outside dimensions. Biggest I could get was a 39" Phillips LED TV.

Then I bit the bullet and removed that old mount for the little 22" TV (still have it), and installed a heavy duty articulating mount. That required drilling three holes in the 'wall' the TV sits on, and bolting it on. Then when traveling, for added measure, I put a towel around the TV and a ratchet strap all the way around that 'wall'. Worked fine.

But using those proprietary mounts that the tv slides into.............couldn't do it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

I know someone else recently posted they mounted the v mount to the articulated mount so they could still put the TV outside or in the bed room if needed.. Might be an idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I know someone else recently posted they mounted the v mount to the articulated mount so they could still put the TV outside or in the bed room if needed.. Might be an idea.

That's what I'm looking at doing so we can take it down easily and move it outside if we wished. Probably what I'll end up doing...
Old 04-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

I was always afraid to leave the tv hanging.. Not sure how well that wall is put together, you know what I mean.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I just sold that model. First, I measured the distance in inches between the top of the shelve below the tv, to the bottom of the cabinet above. I think (?) that was 39" in my case, but unsure. Then I researched TV's not by advertised size, but by actual outside dimensions. Biggest I could get was a 39" Phillips LED TV.

Then I bit the bullet and removed that old mount for the little 22" TV (still have it), and installed a heavy duty articulating mount. That required drilling three holes in the 'wall' the TV sits on, and bolting it on. Then when traveling, for added measure, I put a towel around the TV and a ratchet strap all the way around that 'wall'. Worked fine.

But using those proprietary mounts that the tv slides into.............couldn't do it.
That's another option too. Just wanted to try to keep it mobile so we can hang it outside if we wished. I would just take the TV down during travel as I don't trust it staying put...
Old 04-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #7

I put the 403L Locking Cantilever TV Wall Mount 16.5"arm, Silver from amazon in the spot marked on the bedroom wall. Works great. Mounted a 32 inch vizio on it.
As for the little plastic mounts that came with the trailer. I stuck one on the back of a 40 inch vizio and slid it on the other half of the mount on the wall. It lifts right off and slides
on the mount on the outside of the trailer if needed outside. I did that once but don't really have a need for moving it outside.
If the plastic mount does not line up, four short wood type screws into the tv will work fine or a sheet of plastic such as plexiglass just big enough for the mounting holes on the tv to make the plastic plate a bit larger would work fine.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_50 View Post
So I'm wanting to hang my flat screen in my new 26dbh with the mount that came with the camper. I'm trying to hang my 32 inch TV and the mount that is provided for the TV isn't big enough to attach to the back of the TV. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy the situation besides getting a new TV that the bracket fits... thanks in advance!

Seems the only Locking mounts are MorRyde or the one FR uses out here in SoCal, MaxQmetalproducts.com. they are more expensive. Monoprice.com is probably cheapest if you are willing to go the "strap it " to travel route. Before you toss the mount, think about a 12v TV. Nice to be off grid and I found a Samsung 24" 720p at Costco for $118 that has an external power supply at 14 volts so actually works fine with cigarette lighter type plug in cable. I gave up on a 32 inch as too big, too heavy and the 12v one cost an arm and a leg in 32".
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #9

I take both televisions off the wall and lay them face down on the bed when I travel. It is a lot rougher ride in the trailer than in the truck on the road.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #10
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Make an adaptor plate out of 1/2" plywood and use the one you've got
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Make an adaptor plate out of 1/2" plywood and use the one you've got
I just finished up doing this but with some pieces of hardwood I had here at home. TV is up and operational! Thanks for everyone's Input and ideas!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #12

Adapter

Quote:
I like working with metal and I have the tools so I fabricates and adapter out of 1/8 in. alum. Two sets of holes, one set fits TV other fits Mount. I used 3/16 nuts and screws to attach adapter to mount and correct screws to attach adapter to TV.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
I like working with metal and I have the tools so I fabricates and adapter out of 1/8 in. alum. Two sets of holes, one set fits TV other fits Mount. I used 3/16 nuts and screws to attach adapter to mount and correct screws to attach adapter to TV.
I work for a major railroad rebuilding track maintenance machinery, we have a fab shop as well so I have the materials and means to do something like that as well.. but like any giddy child... I brought home the camper yesterday and had no patience to wait till Monday to get something made.. haha
Old 04-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #14

Try these.................. ramco-eng.com

On our PUMA In and outside
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 006.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	104504   Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 004.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	104505   Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 001.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	104506  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #15

Quote:
I ran into the same issue I also have a 26DBH, I ended up removing the original bracket and mounted a very similar but larger metal bracket that was ordered on Amazon. I aligned the top holes of the new bracket about 1 and 1/2 inches below the top of the original bracket and used the larger screws included. The name of the bracket is:
"VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Flush Ultra Slim Bracket for most 19" 20" 22" 24" 26" 27" 29" 32" LCD LED Flat Panel Screen Monitor TV VESA 200mm, 200x100mm, 100mm ML206B 1QG[/B] for about $15.00. There are screws on the bottom of the mount to securely fasten the TV to the wall mount so it would not bounce out. I also ordered 90deg video cables.
I hope this helps.
snash_2016GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:19 AM   #16

I just experienced this with our new 26dbh. The PAW Indusries wall mount and TV mount is a 75 X 75 bolt pattern. I am using a 40" Samsung LED TV which has a 200 X 200 mount pattern. I purchased a 75 X 75 to 200 X 200 adapter from Amazon which works perfectly. However, I did find the 40" a bit too big to hang. I will likely go down to a 32" or something in between if it's out there.
jfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #17

On mine I had to move the mount up about a foot in order for my 29" tv to fit. It's solid wall all the way to the ceiling. I usually take it down and travel with it on my bed. Did forget once and luckily 3 hours later it was still there not even loose.
millerman2brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #18

Quote:
So I provided for the TV isn't big enough to attach to the back of the TV. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy the situation besides getting a new TV that the bracket fits... thanks in advance!

If you are saying the bracket cannot handle the weight, that is time to get a bigger bracket, but since most tvs now are so light now that about any bracket can handle it I will assume you mean the VESA bolt pattern is too small for the new TV. In that case MaxQ metal products in Ontario, California is the manufacturer who makes the brackets used in our local FR plant. They have an adapter plate that will bolt to the 75mm or 100mm plate on a small bracket and allow a bigger bolt pattern. They told me it was an $8 option so plus shipping? it might solve your problem. Their web site is a little rough and they told me it is being rebuilt, but they are great to do business with. And wait for it-----it is Asian owners who proudly boast that their products are MADE IN AMERICA. Evidently made right there in their shop. YEAH!!
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #19
CP3

Question on these mounts. Did all of your rigs come with the mounts for the TV as well as the ones mounted in and out of the camper? Mine didn't come with the one for the TV and our salesman said we have to buy them separate even though the guy that did our walk thru said it came in our welcome packet. If you all got them, I'll be taking a trip down to get it.
CP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3 View Post
Question on these mounts. Did all of your rigs come with the mounts for the TV as well as the ones mounted in and out of the camper? Mine didn't come with the one for the TV and our salesman said we have to buy them separate even though the guy that did our walk thru said it came in our welcome packet. If you all got them, I'll be taking a trip down to get it.
Yes, ours came with the camper in the welcome packet. It was in a drawer under the sink with all the manuals and stuff.

Tags
mount