Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #1

Cool 3-Jensen TV's, 1 -7" screen in dash, 1-switchbox

We just bought a 2013 FR 3170DS from a dealership that used it for a rental this season. There is a kid's zone Jensen TV wth radio, dvd etc. then there is a Jensen TV in the front bunk and a Jensen in the bedroom. I have a switchbox in the kitchen cabinet with front TV, EXT TV and Rear TV with 5 source buttons for each. Dash unit has dvd when in park and ipod dock etc. What is hooked into the switchbox? Can I run a dvd in the kid zone, or front dash and feed it to the front and back tv's. Have read some of the other feeds, but not sure if they are the same setup. Dealership knows nothing about it....thanks
ccdoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Coachmen Adrenaline

ok. Kids zone tv and dvd player and such is its own thing. The switchbox runs the front and bedroom tv's. the dash dvd player is ran into the switchbox. to watch a dvd, you need to push the dvd selection on switchbox for whichever tv you want to watch it on, then turn the tv to channel 3. if you don't push switchbox button first, channel 3 will not show up unless previously programmed. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #3

Excellent! One more thing

Thanks so much - taking 5 grandchildren camping this weekend and REALLY need that DVD. One more thing...the in dash DVD only plays when in park. Any way to play the DVD on the forward tv while driving and just not show it on dash screen?
ccdoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Coachmen Adrenaline

Yes, it will still work on the forward tv regardless. The only one that won't display when out of PARk is the dash screen. The dash screen will show the blue screen though. there isn't a way around that unless you manipulate the wiring to fool the screen into thinking you are always in park...which is illegal, but doesn't stop many people from doing so. You should be able to have GPS screen on while still playing a DVD also.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #5

I have a new 2012 3170DS and I can't find any switch box in my unit. The only thing I notice is the booster button which from what I've read also is a selector switch from antenna or park cable.
kthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Coachmen Adrenaline

Please pm me with your vin or serial number and I will see when yours was manufactured. The switch box was a running change that we are still incorporating in some units. It is possible your unit was built before it was added into your model.

Tags
a/v switchbox, jensen tv's, television