A/C serial # problem
Background: 2015 FR Freedom Express 310BHDS. I've had my share of A/C problems. The TT is now on it's third Dometic 15K unit all under warranty. Last June we decided to add the second 15K A/C unit to help cool the camper. We did one trip out and the new unit cooled so much better than the 3rd. unit. I decided that I would swap the locations of the units so that the new, I bought, would be in the center of the TT. We just got back from a five day trip to Florence Marina State Park, Ga. which is on the north end of Lake Eufaula. The temps were nice with the high Saturday reaching 88*. The main A/C, the newest one, was set at 72* and maintained that temp all day long. While there I also ran the old unit, which is now mounted over the front bedroom, so I could monitor the air temps between the two units. The main (new) unit was putting out a consistent delta temp of 20*-22* (yep) supply of cool air during the entire stay. The #3 replacement unit, now at the front of the TT at it's best was putting out cooled air with a delta of 9*. While going through some paperwork this morning from when the third A/C unit under warranty was placed, August '16, I decided to check the serial numbers of both units on the TT. This is the crazy part, the newest unit ( I bought) has a serial number of 63021046 and the #3 replacement unit has a serial number of 60327357. Both of the units have a Mfg. # of B59516.711CO. Now, IF my math/calculator still works correctly this shows a difference of 2,693,689 units built between these two. I realize that Dometic makes and sells a lot of units but that number seems awfully high to me. Unfortunately the #3 unit does not seem to be cooling as it should be but is outside the two year warranty based on the original purchase date of Jan. '15. So it's either live with what I have or buy another 15K unit to replace #3 before next spring and as some of you know it gets really hot with high humidity down here in SW Ga.