Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #1

a/c thermostat blues.

hello folks. I have a 1994 holiday rambler and the thermostat for the rear a/c is shot. this is a recent purchase and upon inspection some one has installed a couple jumper wires on the back of the circuit board. there is power to the thermostat, but it doesn't power up the thermostat and it won't activate the a/c at all. the part number is dometic assy#3105356.004. my searches have concluded this is no longer available. this is the same # as the front thermostat but that one is slightly different because it controls the furnace also. oddly enough I have contacted bone yards who have scrapped motor homes and asked if they have any thermostats, they didn't save them. just the a/c units. any advice would be appreciated and thanks. keep up the great work.
holiday rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Those things are ridiculous when and if you can find one.

You may be just as well off replacing the whole A/C and thermostat with a new one.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #3

howdy bama. I thing you may be right. I did fine one retro setup where I had to replace some box on the a/c unit itself, run new wires, and install the new thermostat. $500. what does a whole new a/c cost? mabey i'll try to figure a way to jumper the connector at the thermostat and just lock the thing on low as long as i'm there monitoring it. probably burn the whole thing up though, or the motorhome. thanks for your reply.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #4

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...ir-conditioner
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

thankyou toyman. i'm an absolute newbee at this and I need all the advice and info I can get. the replacement of the unit is the right choice probably next year. i'm still trying to get stabilizer bushings on this thing. i'm on my third set and still no joy. even the ford dealership can't help. i'll post this problem at a later date as to not hog up the board. thanks again.

Tags
thermostat