Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #21

Lol I think they’re asking what model is it. Forest River Rockwood, or Flagstaff for example.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #22

It is a 2018 28 foot forest river travel trailer with 1 large pull out.
dlubrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #23

"dlubrano"> The first thing I would do is to find out which model of a Forest River product you have. There should be some type of large lettering across the front of the unit. Second> You should invest about $15 in a good infra-red thermometer. IF you have ducted air then you need to open the "dump" on the A/C unit so that it blows air straight down from the unit. Then check the air going into the A/C unit (amibient air) then check the air coming out of the A/C unit (cooled air) there should be at least a 15 degree differential between the two air measurements.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:14 PM   #24

Forest River is the corporation that owns multiple brands, each individual company is not the same.
Saying its a Forest River is the same as saying its a Ford, is it a mustang or fusion etc.

You will get more help if you post the Brand and model number.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlubrano View Post
Do you know if the thermostat on the coil can be adjusted ?
It's not a thermostat, it is simply a sensor. No adjustment other than where it placed on (or falls off from) the coil.

With respect to Forest River brands that other posters have asked you for, look here.

Travel Trailers by Forest River RV - Forest River, Inc.

Your trailer should be one of the ones listed here, such as Alpha Wolf, Cherokee, Salem Cruise Lite, Evo, Flagstaff Classic Superlite, etc.

As you can see, there are 36 FR brands. People are asking you which one you have. Usually the brand name is written across the front and/or rear of the trailer. and sometimes on the sides.

Also, by the entrance door, there is probably a sticker with the model number.

Forest River is a company like GM is a company. The Brands like Cherokee, Salem Cruise Lite, etc. are like Pontiac, Chevy, Buick. The model number is like (for Chevy) Impala, Traverse, Silverado, etc.

So you could have something like a Forest River, Flagstaff, Micro-Lite, 25BDS.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #26

It is a Wikdeood 28RLSS
Old 09-18-2018, 12:03 AM   #27

I read an article exposing that the new A/C have a sensor on the coils and when the temp gets to 78 the compressor goes off. He stated you can adjust the sensor to a much lower temp. Now he was doing this on a unit with out a wall thermostat. Is there a way to do the same thing to a unit with a wall thermostat?

A Word of Warning

The air conditioner manufacturers have the minimum temperature set in the mid-70s for a reason. They don’t want your air conditioner to “freeze up”. That could prevent the AC from working, damage the air conditioner, or lead to a service or warranty call. They don’t want any of these to happen, so they deploy their air conditioners at temperatures that will make you sweaty – but will guarantee that the unit never freezes up.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 AM   #28

You know in rethinking this whole thing I’m wondering were you st a campground or at home? I know you picked it up Friday but where did you check the AC? If you were at home how were you plugged in? I know these might sound basic, however if by chance you were at home and using a regular extension chord that wouldn’t actually carry the 20 amps then that could cause the AC to malfunction. I have s dedicated 12gauge short extension plugged into a 20amp GFCI that doesn’t have anything else on it and still I can only use the AC. If I want to cool the Fridge, I shut the AC off. Also, back to what the tech mentioned before; try setting the tstat to 75 degrees in the morning, shut everything else off that you can if you’re not hooked up to 30amps and see if by lunch it’s cool inside. Maybe there is a fail safe sensor and at 55 the compressor shuts down after a bit to prevent freeze up. I know that when we are camping, after leveling and plugging in I turn my AC on so it starts to cool. Then I finish with the awning the outside tables etc. That way by the time I’m going in for the evening it’s good and chilly in there for sleeping. Whole point to having ducted AC and a Tstat is to set a temp and forget it. Not like my old pop up where it was “icebox” or “off”, lol. Good luck, keep us posted and I’m sure you’ll find resolution. Congrats on the new unit btw!!
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #29

Eminent thank you very much, I have a dedicated 30 amp plug just for plugging in the camper . IDK but I will be pulling grout either this evening or in the morning with the camper headed for the east coast . I am bringing a portable A/c with me so we can be comfortable. My gut feeling is that with the new A/C units there installing in the campers and the way there set up and with the 4 large windows in this camper, I am stuck like Chuck. Believe me if this gets resolved I will post what the problem was and what the soliciting was . I thank you again for your help.