Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #1

AC

We have a 2017 rockwood roo 231kss and we paid for the ac to be jumped up to 1500 btu's but we have traveled cross county and once we got into supper hot weather hence why we bumped it up its bearly cooling the camper down. So we are thinking at this point we paid for it to be bumped up but did'nt get bumped up. So what I'm asking is, is there away to get the btu's without climbing on the roof? Can we tell from the inside of the ac in the camper? Thanks for the help.
Bobrmirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

AC

Paragraph 2 says inside. Assuming it's a Coleman.

http://www.airxcel.com/coleman-mach/...y-model-number
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #3

The 15K unit is only 11% larger than the 13.5K unit. 100 degrees is pretty hot, especially for a hybrid.

Suggest PUGS ( PopupGizmos ) for the bunk ends and Reflectix (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Reflectix-5...5-ft-L/3011904 ) for the bunk windows.

Also, if your unit is ducted, make sure that the openings from the cold air plenum into the roof ducts are fully open. They weren't on my Mini Lite. I got to mine from the top and opened them some more, but I really need to drop the inside grille to get to them properly.

Here's a pic down the duct. The light on the right is coming from the opening into the cold air plenum.
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC duct 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	142543

Here's another pic after I opened up the hole some. You can see the light it a little bit brighter and you can see the foam I cut out laying on the bottom of the duct.
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC duct 3.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	142544

The attached installation manual may not be for your exact model AC, but Fig 1 shows the openings from the cold air plenum into the roof ducts. They are the hole they call "Supply Air Ducts." You'll also see a rectangular "plate" called a "Duct Divider." Make sure this is sealed all the way around. It's the only thing between the hot return air and the cold supply air. If there are leaks, you're short circuiting the air flow.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airxcel 8430 Air Conditioner Installation Manual.pdf (480.2 KB, 14 views)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #4

First let me state:"I feel your pain and know from experience what you are going through". I have a 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express with a Dometic 15K unit on it and it will not cool this TT down to a comfortable level during hot/humid weather in SW Ga. I am installing a second 15K A/C unit sometime early this coming week. It is expected to be here Tuesday afternoon. I looked up your model TT and it appears in one of the photos that this unit has a Dometic A/C unit. IF it is indeed a Dometic unit and you do not have any paperwork with the A/C specs on it then you will have to remove the air distribution box, the thing on the ceiling that the ambient air goes into and the cooled air comes out of. Depending on whether you have a unit controlled by a thermostat you may see a metal box in the middle area of where the ambient air goes in. Behind that box will be a label with all the spec info on it. There might be a number such as "B59516.xxxxx". That is the number for a Dometic 15K A/C unit. I believe that the number for a 13,500 BTU unit is "B57915". Either way you can use the model number to look up the specs on the internet.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote