Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #1

AC Control Limitations

We have a new Georgetown 364TS. We have both ACs set to "cool" and 70 69 degrees. The front AC stays on all the time and seems to keep the front of the RV a comfortable 70. The AC in the bedroom though runs differently. It comes on, runs at full speed and full volume (74 decibels according to my phone app) for a while, blasting freezing air. Then it shuts down for a bit, leaving us in utter silence with no air flow. Then cycles over again.

Any idea how we can have the back one run the fun constantly like the front, at a lower decibel, and the cooling just enough to cool the room, versus off/arctic-blast cycle we're seeing?

(The controls simply have a setting for Fan, Cool, and Heat, and the temperature. I see no way on the control itself say "cool to this temperature but keep the fan on the entire time.")
Dweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #2

When on the fan setting change from Au (Auto) to Low then switch it to the cool setting. When set on Auto it only runs when needed & cycles from high to low blower depending on the cooling need. When set on low or high the fan runs all the time, but the compressor on the Ac cycles on & off.
hurld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
clr

Well I have a 5th wheel and not a Georgetown but here is how mine works may help you. On the thermostat you have two zones one for each of the ACs. On the thermostat for your back zone you will see auto or high, med, or low. I would guess that zone is set to auto. Push the fan button on the thermostat for that zone and it will change from Auto to High. Leave the fan setting for that zone on High. Hope this helps you yours may work slightly different.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #4

perfect. That worked. Thank you so much for the help!
Dweeks is offline   Reply With Quote