Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

AC identifiation question

After reading all these "another failed dometic 15000" threads I have a question.

My 2019 Forest River came with an Atwood Ducted Model AC-1511 Air Command heat pump.

Looking at the owners manual that came with it, the document is marked as written in 2016.

Research on internet shows Atwood is now owned by Dometic, and the Atwood Air command is no longer sold?

So do I have one of these Dometic 15000's that I read about guys going through several in 2 years?

I called Dometic with a question about extended warranty and they informed me "we don't sell an extended warranty for your Atwood Air Command" (so they must not feel very good about this unit since they don't want my extended warranty money)
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #2

I doubt the extended warranty issue is about not feeling good about the unit and more one of no longer stocking that item or spare parts for it. I don't know the actual Mfg dates of the units that have experienced problems. The Mfg date on your rig is not an indicator of the date of Mfg of the appliances installed nor is the paperwork. Go up on the roof and pull the cover on the ac and check the data plate to find when it was Mfg. and keep your fingers crossed. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote