Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 12:14 PM   #1

AC Issues

I have a 2016 Wildwood. I am fixing to replace the AC for the 4th time. I had to pay for the last one, this one is under warranty. Call me crazy but I don't think you should have to replace the AC every year. What could be the issue causing the failures.
It's a Dometic.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymjr View Post
I have a 2016 Wildwood. I am fixing to replace the AC for the 4th time. I had to pay for the last one, this one is under warranty. Call me crazy but I don't think you should have to replace the AC every year. What could be the issue causing the failures.
It's a Dometic.

Just one possibility. For your information. I got this directly from Dometic Customer Service about our 15K unit.

"Thank you for contacting Dometic. The voltage window is 103.5 to 126.5."

Good Luck.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
NXR

Per another post somewhere, Dometic had a run of air conditioners, around that timeframe as I recall, where the Chinese factory sometimes failed to put the tubing in a bath to remove the chemicals used in soldering.

That allowed those chemicals to slowly eat holes in the tubing, causing them to eventually fail. That post said Dometic advised them that they had no idea what serial numbers were involved, just a general timeframe.

If yours seemed to work but just would not cool you may have had some of those. If your new one has a recent manufacturing date you may now be in the clear.

Ray
Old 05-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #4

Low voltage

I had the line tested. It’s good at the receptacle. I’ll have the repair place check it at the unit. It cooled for almost a year before it went out. It’s frustrating.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #5

The tech said the Freon leaked out all three times. It just seems odd that one a year would be normal