Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2023, 07:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Chances are very great that you do not have thermostat wire already ran and you will need to do that yourself.
definitely not pre-wired...
stecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:45 AM   #22

I wanted to post an update...
I installed the Bluetooth controls on the A/C and it worked great. The interior of the camper was much less "clammy" on a pretty humid weekend. I have no regrets with this modification. Everyone that doesn't have a thermostat should do this mod.

It's not perfect... because of where the temp sensor is, I had to set the temperature much lower to keep the camper in the low 70s, but the A/C cycled on and off appropriately. The sensor is in the A/C cabinet, so it reads cool.
stecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:22 PM   #23

Glad it worked out for you! I had one in my old trailer and I liked it.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:49 PM   #24

I have a 2023 Geo Pro g19fd (that came during the pandemic parts shortage) with the Coleman Mach 8 plus with the manual controls on the unit This is anoying as the fan runs all the time with the AC on and it is lously at maintaining a temperature.

Some people in this thread were able to convert to the remote thermostat using the Coleman-Mach 8330-752 kit but it looks like they already had wires in place for the thermostat. The bluetooth kit sounds like another alternative but it is 10x the price.

I checked and there are no thermostat wires to the existing location. Has anyone found a way to fish new wires to the AC? I checked and there are channels in the insulation for ceiling lights and speakers. I thought it might be possible to fish wires by daisy chaining through the existing chanels but this looks like it would be quite difficult.

Has anyone done this?
istaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:31 PM   #25

I don't have any experience with doing this in a Geo Pro but I was able to bore a 3/16 hole through the ceiling insulation of my previous camper using a fiberglass fish rod that I bought at Harbor Freight (see link below). I did this by removing the A/C cover on the ceiling and using the fiberglass rod as drill bit spinning it with one hand and using the other hand to keep the rod centered in the insulation. I only had to bore this hole about 12 inches to a point above the cabinet where the radio/entertainment equipment was located. i pulled the radio out reached up to the ceiling and was able to pull the wire down to where I mounted the thermostat. That mod was probably the best mod that i performed on that camper. I hope it works out for you!

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-16-i...kit-65327.html
CountryRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:22 PM   #26

Thanks I think a fish tape should work. I need to go about a foot to the top of the upper cabnet where the existing (analog) thermostat is for the propane heater.

Not sure how easy it will be to find where it exits. I guess just make a pocket in the ceiling and go right and left until you find it.
istaines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coleman, thermostat