Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Advice needed on a fan

I want to put a fan into the rear bunk area for our daughter. I am thinking 12v so we can use it no matter what (dry camping or hooked up). I did a search and found some older threads talking about the pop up bunk light / fans. how do they work? do they throw air pretty good? Also what other options might you all use.

I am just looking to move some air to keep the area from getting stuffy. Our lights do not have the headphone jack plugs on them but I am sure I can easily swap them out if need be. Thanks

-Pat

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #2

Having had both a Rockwood pop-up and hybrid we use those extensively. They do move quite a bit of air and keep the bunk ends from getting stuffy. The fan has two speeds, on high it makes some noise but not overly so to me.
huizarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #3

Our popup curiously came with 4 tent end fan/lights. When we traded it in for our hybrid the dealer said to keep 2 because the hybrid only came with one for the front tent end. Our hybrid had 2 more tent ends for the kids, one off each side in the rear. The kids tent ends had lights but no 1/4" jacks so I went to Radio Shack and bought some. Cheaper that a whole new light fixture and about 10 minutes worth of work. I just tapped into power before the switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior Mods 011.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	53693
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Thank you both for your help. They did just seem the best solution... I looked at 12v fan on Amazon and they all had pretty bad reviews.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan