Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #1

Air Conditioner

I actually don't have a Forest River yet, but I want one! I'm looking at the Ozark 1660. I was wondering what brand air conditioner it has and how loud it is? I'm not looking for silent, but my friend just got a coachman apex nano and you can't even hear each other talk. I've been in many a RV and don't ever remember an air conditioner being that loud! Any info would help.

Thanks
nicoal425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
Site Team

If it has ducted a/c, it will be much quieter than a Blast from the Center a/c. You generally will not find ducted a/c, in smaller RVs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #3

You are not going to spend that much time in the trailer... and in the evening, while sleeping with the AC on low it is pleasant white noise... YES they make noise

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:49 AM   #4

My air-conditioning is a 15,000 BTU it’s duct throughout the trailer but it sits right in front of our recliner ‘s, yes it’s loud but really quiet on the outside. While we’re camping the last time one of a different brand trailer, their air conditioning was really loud on the outside so I wonder if that makes it quieter on the inside. It’s a thought.
TrixieS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner