Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #1

Air conditioner problem?

2015 Primetime Avenger ATI:

It was 70 degrees today and I decided to run my AC as I have not used it all winter long and my rig sits in my driveway when not in use. I noticed the air from the vents didn't feel cool so I used a digital gauge and found this:
Inside temp of the rig was about 78-79, outside temp was 70. The air from the ac vent was blowing at 79. I flipped the stat to fan only, 79 degrees. Flipped to ac, 79 degrees. My progressive industries readout showed 4 amp draw with fan only and 7 amp with ac on. So the unit was pulling more power but the air was no colder. I set the stat down to the lowest temp and still no change. Let it run a good ten mins and still nothing. Any ideas? Freon perhaps? But is basically brand new, second owner. Thanks
rhino_160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_160 View Post
2015 Primetime Avenger ATI:

It was 70 degrees today and I decided to run my AC as I have not used it all winter long and my rig sits in my driveway when not in use. I noticed the air from the vents didn't feel cool so I used a digital gauge and found this:
Inside temp of the rig was about 78-79, outside temp was 70. The air from the ac vent was blowing at 79. I flipped the stat to fan only, 79 degrees. Flipped to ac, 79 degrees. My progressive industries readout showed 4 amp draw with fan only and 7 amp with ac on. So the unit was pulling more power but the air was no colder. I set the stat down to the lowest temp and still no change. Let it run a good ten mins and still nothing. Any ideas? Freon perhaps? But is basically brand new, second owner. Thanks

When you turn the thermostat down, do you hear the compressor kick in? If not, it could be anything from electronic issue to as you said low/no freon.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #3

I listened for that change from fan to compressor kicking and never heard it. Like I said, the amp draw changed from 4 to 7 amp on the digital readout so something was drawing more power somewhere. Anyone ?? Thanks
rhino_160 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner