RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
@ Super8 and others: Through a friend of mine who has an RV shop I called a number and actually talked to someone who seemed to give a hoot. Being as I have had bad luck with Dometic 15K units that were evidently made during the time frame that they had bad units he agreed that Dometic would send a replacement unit to the RV shop, and not to me, for free. But--they would not warranty it nor pay for installing it. Under the circumstances with the problems I have had with Dometic I accepted this arrangement. The unit came in two (2) days later, I took the unit over to the shop the next day and within an hour easily we had the new unit exchanged, running and blowing cold air. I considered changing over to a Coleman unit but my RV repair friend told me that I would need two (2) additional wires for the Coleman t'stat which would be a PITA to put in. I keep my TT plugged up next to my shop for a number of reasons. 1) I keep the small fridge in the outside kitchen on with bottled water in it. When I am outside it's easy to go get a bottle of cold water from that fridge. And to those who wonder--yes I keep the door to the OK closed all the time, no problems with the fridge. 2) On hot days, I go out and fire up both units on my TT just to exercise them and have been known to take a nap in mid afternoon. That replacement unit is still going strong as is the fourth unit that is the main A/C unit. It will be interesting to see the reports on the new Dometic unit and the newer GE units.
There is a conversion kit for a Coleman replacing a Dometic.
2018 25 2019 25
2020 22
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #42
Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel

Dometic Air Conditioner, New, No freon in unit

I had the Dometic Air conditioner on my Cedar Creek replaced and the new one did not cool at all. Troubleshooting determined no Freon in the unit. That was back around April 30. It is now mid June and I have not received anything from Dometic indicating they are shipping a warranty replacement. Their Customer Service told me they were shipping one and gave me an order number and then another person told me they were waiting on the warehouse to restock them. Very unhappy with Dometic. This air conditioner has never worked. Dometic has the poorest customer service that I have ever seen. I have had to cancel our summer travel plans. I don't know when I might see a replacement. Anyone know someone in Dometic management, with a phone number, who could help?
ebecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:21 PM   #43

After replacing 5 Domentic Brisk Air 15k units, I installed Penguins. Much quieter and colder at the outlets. Comparing it to an old Brisk Air unit, seems to show much more quality in construction.
QQPEHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #44
Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel

Air Conditioner Replacement

While I might want to change to another brand, they have my $1,713 that I already paid so the replacement is going to have to come from them. Also there is a second Air Conditioner \working off the same thermostat control so I don't think a different brand would work off the common controls for the two units.
ebecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:55 PM   #45

One more Dometic dead and Iím not at or even close to home. Stopped at a Camping World and asked for assistance and he said he would jump right on it October 14th. Mine is on a 2020 Della Terra I bought last October and this is our first trip since February. Got to love it.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:25 AM   #46

Pick up the RV Monday took 9 weeks to get replacement Penguin II installed, had to be order 4 times before correct one came in
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:07 AM   #47
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
Pick up the RV Monday took 9 weeks to get replacement Penguin II installed, had to be order 4 times before correct one came in
Someone gave you the runaround.
9 weeks waiting and ordering 4 times is nothing more than incompetence.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=15
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #48

I agree with 5picker. My RV guy ordered and had my Penguins within a week and installed them in about 1.5 hours each. Much quieter units. Very happy. I cut my losses with the Brisk Airs after too many days lost camping in the summer.
QQPEHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:58 AM   #49
Citrus County, Fl.

Agreed, way too long. I have posted this before but when ours quit cooling while 600 miles from home in Mt. Airy NC, Tarheel RV mobile repair came out, verified and got auth to replace. Dometic in SC was out of the Brisk Air but sent a Penguin. All I paid was $75 trip charge. I had cold AC within 24 hours.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #50

Yep dealer LaMesa Sanford Fl kept blaming Covid19 and Dometic I finally got on the phone with Domectic CC waited 1hr 30 minutes to talk to somebody and CC Rep says we have plenty in stock white or black called back dealer found out they kept ordering wrong model low and behold they had one in in 48 hours. Go figure. Good bye LaMesa for any further work or sales.
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic