Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #1

Another for the Concertone oddity department

The ZX600 in our Cardinal works great!

Once you get it turned on......here's the situation:

On our second weekend trip with the new rig, the radio would not come on. The red power indicator on the switch was lit, but nothing happened when I pushed it. So I pulled the 15A fuse in the main panel, waited for the light to go out, installed the fuse and it was fine for the balance of the weekend.

Next trip, same issue. Fuse out once, then in, and all is well.

I had to go by the storage lot today prior to a weekend out tomorrow, and thought I'd try it. Here's the odd part--even with the battery disconnect off and removed, the red power light was on. But it wouldn't power up. So I left the disconnect out, pulled and installed the fuse, but it wouldn't work until the battery disconnect was put in. Then pulling and reinstalling the battery disconnect would turn the radio off and on, but that power light never went out.

So why is that? Does it have two power supplies, like a car stereo to store stations and such? If it does, it doesn't work because it doesn't recall the last station.

My belief is that it may be wired in reverse--the switched and steady 'hots' are incorrect. I'll know more after Saturday when I get behind the Concertone and see just how they wired it......stay tuned.....(LOL, tuned)

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #2

Rebooting the Concertone

The radio in our 2002 Jetta sometimes doesn't work. I found on looking on the 'net in forums like this that the Jetta radio needs to be re-booted to get it to work. I had to remove a couple of fuses, leave them out for a bit, and then reinstall them and the radio comes back to life. No, this is not a Concertone unit!!

I suspect the power switch light stays on because there is some sort of battery or big capacitor that holds power and settings for a while. (Off topic, I have a nixie tube clock that my kid made and you can unplug it from 110 volt power for maybe a day and when plugged back in will indicate correct time. He says it has a big capacitor that holds charge for a long time and keeps the correct time.)

Ron Friedel
Biker_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote