Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #1

Antenna amplifier button

I'm looking for owners of our exact model, Wildwood Lodge 393RLT. I cannot seem to locate where the TV antenna amplifier buttom is located in our unit. If anyone has this same unit, could you please respond back possible with a picture to show me where this is (a picture is worth a thousand words )

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...d7fb5ecc97151e

The link above shows you approximately what the power supply looks like. It will typically be located close to the main TV. Right next to the RF connector there is the light first then the power button is next to the light. These are basically the same for all RV's and are minimally different between antenna booster manufactures. Even though I don't have your model camper I have always found this cover plate behind or below the main TV in my rigs. Notice that I didn't say always because there is going to be exceptions to what I said.

I think if you follow the RF cable from the back of the main TV to where it goes into the wall your going to find the antenna plate and the power button there. Good luck
Semi-Retired February 3, 2014
Bob & Cindy
Lvn2tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 PM   #3

I've looked everywhere and cannot find this receptacle. Attached is a pic of my current configuration, but unfortunately it's not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvn2tvl View Post
https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...d7fb5ecc97151e

The link above shows you approximately what the power supply looks like. It will typically be located close to the main TV. Right next to the RF connector there is the light first then the power button is next to the light. These are basically the same for all RV's and are minimally different between antenna booster manufactures. Even though I don't have your model camper I have always found this cover plate behind or below the main TV in my rigs. Notice that I didn't say always because there is going to be exceptions to what I said.

I think if you follow the RF cable from the back of the main TV to where it goes into the wall your going to find the antenna plate and the power button there. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forrest River connections.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	159963  
Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #4

2 things to check...

Is there a signal meter on the antenna? Is there a switch there?

Is there more than one TV? The switch will be on one only.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #5

That's a good question. I will have to get on the roof to check.

Here is a pic of the bedroom connections. Again, no power button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
2 things to check...

Is there a signal meter on the antenna? Is there a switch there?

Is there more than one TV? The switch will be on one only.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bedroom connections.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	159967  
Old 01-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadam View Post
I've looked everywhere and cannot find this receptacle. Attached is a pic of my current configuration, but unfortunately it's not there.
I gotta bow out since this isn't what I was expecting, however since you have included a picture now I am sure someone else will be able to help you. Sorry for my error.
Semi-Retired February 3, 2014
Bob & Cindy
Lvn2tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
D W

Looking at your configuration it appears to me that something has been modified. Any RV that I have seen has one of two types of receptacles for TV connections. Both types are duplex having ANT & AUX/SAT connections on the same wall plate. I have never seen coax run out through the wall plate as pictured. The different colored screws caught my attention. Have you pulled that wall plate off and looked behind it? The amplifier might be tucked into the wall space. If I had to guess I'd say "someone" along the line may have broken the original receptacle, replaced it with plain CATV wall plate, split the AUX/SAT connection from the amplifier and then added another receptacle. ??? If you don't find the amplifier board in the wall space, then that "someone" may have removed it.

Just my theory.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #8

Quote:
That's a good question. I will have to get on the roof to check.

Here is a pic of the bedroom connections. Again, no power button.
Don't go on the roof. The antenna booster switch panel will be somewhere near the TV's or some ridiculous place hard to see. It is a very tiny push button switch with a light (small) adjacent to the switch. There may be a 12volt receptacle on the panel as well. Wish I had a picture to post.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #9

Google "rv antenna booster switch panel" and there will be pictures.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #10
D W

Two most common types:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	winegard.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	159973  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #11

What antenna is on your roof?
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #12

Some of the batwing antennas have the switch on the knob inside where you rotate the antenna.
Nascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:07 AM   #13

Winguard sensar antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
What antenna is on your roof?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #14

I looked there as well, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascon View Post
Some of the batwing antennas have the switch on the knob inside where you rotate the antenna.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #15

I will look into this further since the original owner had the "cable guy" run new cabling into that compartment. Good catch and thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Looking at your configuration it appears to me that something has been modified. Any RV that I have seen has one of two types of receptacles for TV connections. Both types are duplex having ANT & AUX/SAT connections on the same wall plate. I have never seen coax run out through the wall plate as pictured. The different colored screws caught my attention. Have you pulled that wall plate off and looked behind it? The amplifier might be tucked into the wall space. If I had to guess I'd say "someone" along the line may have broken the original receptacle, replaced it with plain CATV wall plate, split the AUX/SAT connection from the amplifier and then added another receptacle. ??? If you don't find the amplifier board in the wall space, then that "someone" may have removed it.

Just my theory.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #16

I took the plate off to make sure the connections were tight on the back. The wire colors on ours were white and white/ red stripe. Hopefully you will see them in the wall space
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #17

I took the plate off but cannot get my hand through the hole to feel around. What I could fell was just one speaker wire. It's in a small area under the TV where I cannot look down, up, or around it. I guess I will just purchase a different antenna and go from there. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.

Quote:
I will look into this further since the original owner had the "cable guy" run new cabling into that compartment. Good catch and thank you.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #18

Quote:
I took the plate off but cannot get my hand through the hole to feel around. What I could fell was just one speaker wire. It's in a small area under the TV where I cannot look down, up, or around it. I guess I will just purchase a different antenna and go from there. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.
You haven't said if you have a bad over the air antenna picture. Maybe the cable guy hard wired the 12 volts to the over the air coax and wired the interconnects so it would not affect park cable inputs. Even with a different rv antenna your probably still going to also need power to it.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #19
D W

Quote:
To help you out a bit here is a picture of what you're looking for below. As you can see the amplifier is integral to the receptacle with the coax cables, 12VDC power wire and a ground wire attached to it. Very possible it could be attached to the other end of that white coax and stuffed down in the wall space.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AMPLIFIER.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	160027  
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #20

I had no OTA picture. I tried it (connecting to all cable connections present) on both of my TVs running through their antenna setup and it didn't pick up one channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
You haven't said if you have a bad over the air antenna picture. Maybe the cable guy hard wired the 12 volts to the over the air coax and wired the interconnects so it would not affect park cable inputs. Even with a different rv antenna your probably still going to also need power to it.

Tags
antenna