Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #1

Antenna Mount options

So I'm getting a directional antenna for my camper and was looking around at options for mounting. It can't be mounted to the top, I can use a pole but only if it sort of unscrews in half so It can go in the truck. Then I was thinking about those extendable ladders which I had thought about getting. Has anyone mounted one to those? or does anyone have a better idea for getting it at least to the roof height so it wont be blocked by other campers.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
So I'm getting a directional antenna for my camper and was looking around at options for mounting. It can't be mounted to the top, I can use a pole but only if it sort of unscrews in half so It can go in the truck. Then I was thinking about those extendable ladders which I had thought about getting. Has anyone mounted one to those? or does anyone have a better idea for getting it at least to the roof height so it wont be blocked by other campers.
What kind of directional antenna? TV, satellite, wi-fi, am-fm, Ham?
Old 10-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #3
Site Team

I am using a fiberglass painters pole. Fits easily in the storage area when closed. I mounted a 10" piece of PVC to the bumper with U-bolts and simply slide the pole down through the PVC. Works well.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:44 PM   #4

we use a 24ft painters pole from Lowe's, 3 sections of 8ft each that telescope out and yep I scratched my head about where to carry it, ... I could have cut a length off the bottom and each section would be a little shorter, but we have a 9 1/2ft slide out and the pole lays on the top of that slide out on the inside, ... I made two clips out of pvc pipe and they hold the pole in place when traveling or when not using it, works great, ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0833.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	241654   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0845.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	241655   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1120.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	241656  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #5
Site Team

I was hoping Fella would post his solution. That's the neatest and handiest installation of an external antenna I've seen.

I hadn't seen the storage of it on the top of the slide, but I like that as well.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #6

This was discussed in the Georgetown forum. Go to https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...de-206041.html
and go to the 10th post. It show's someone that used a painters pole mounted to the back of their Rv by way of the ladder going to the roof. They also show how they mounted it on the ladder.
It sounds like Flybob has a pretty good idea also. I used something like this years ago on my TT and I am thinking about using this on my MH.
I am having the roof recovered in March and they want to remove the original antenna and replace it with a King Omni Pro. From the reviews it doesn't look like that antenna is that great so I am looking at something else that can pull those stations in that are pretty far away.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, mount