Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #1

Any idea? Antenna or thermostat?

Hi everyone! New to the community, so I apologize if this is a dumb question! I have found after purchasing a trailer I seem to have plenty.

I was looking under my new trailer the other day and came across a weird electrical antenna or something! (Photo attached) I have no idea what this is, can any one explain what it is or if they have one?
It is located on the back of the frame rail on the drivers side, right near the front. It had a red light on it, which may be a push able button?

It’s a 2021 Flagstaff Microlite 25FKS

Thanks again for the help!
Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E1A3816E-3DC4-4865-AC75-B54196672672.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	242370   Click image for larger version

Name:	BF32D5E1-5EB9-4816-A603-0E549D897754.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	486.5 KB
ID:	242371  
Truckinggreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:41 AM   #2

If you have tpms on your trailer, it is the signal extender.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #3

Welcome from New Jersey, Could be tire pressure monitoring, Or the government wants to know where you like to go camping. Lol
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

This was discussed last week by another poster with the very same photo of what is the repeater for the TPMS. (tire pressure monitoring system)

The button in the center lights red when on.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:51 AM   #5

As said; TPMS signal booster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	242372  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #6

You guys are awesome! The trailer does have the TPMS.

So much less exciting than a tracker ��

I can’t say thanks enough, I would have spent so much time trying to figure this stuff out with out these forums!
Old 11-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

We are certainly here to help but unfortunately, this is another glaring reminder that the DEALERS are not doing their due diligence in providing the necessary information to the buyer on delivery.

R/Vs are not really complex but they do have things that are different/work somewhat different from living in a sticks & bricks home and I think the R/V dealer network as a whole, could do a WAY better job of teaching/pointing out these things.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #8

With most complex products you buy, you get an owner’s or operator’s manual from the manufacturer that specifically describes the functions and features of the product you bought. That is not the case in the RV industry. You get a generic RV manual, maybe an incomplete bundle of appliance manuals, and from there you have to hunt down the missing manuals and other subsystem manuals yourself.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
We are certainly here to help but unfortunately, this is another glaring reminder that the DEALERS are not doing their due diligence in providing the necessary information to the buyer on delivery.

R/Vs are not really complex but they do have things that are different/work somewhat different from living in a sticks & bricks home and I think the R/V dealer network as a whole, could do a WAY better job of teaching/pointing out these things.
Yes indeed, our dealer walk through was a joke at best. I think our sales person was in a hurry to get home that evening and flew through the walk through only hitting some of the big items and left us to figure out anything else. He also told us that we had to go online to look at the owners manual because there is no paper manual with the trailer.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post

One big problem is that newbies often just accept poor and rushed PDI/walkthroughs, without saying anything.
Unfortunately many do no research PRIOR to buying their first RV and therefore get a sub par walkthrough. Many also do NO research at all, before buying their first RV and then complain about the buying process and the lack of quality or how badly the dealer treated them.
It's a hard lesson to learn on buying your first RV.
With all the information available on the Internet, that could help newbies avoid or be prepared for, so many simply just rush to buy.
Luckily I had found RV forums before I bought my first RV and they prepared me for all the ups and downs of the RV world. Forums saved my sanity, my money and helped me with most of the frustration.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:48 PM   #11
Kanadian Kamper

I used to know absolutely everything there was.

But as I’ve gotten older, some of it has leaked out, and I find I lean on forums like this one to re-learn all of it back again.

Now.......What was the question again?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
One big problem is that newbies often just accept poor and rushed PDI/walkthroughs, without saying anything.
Unfortunately many do no research PRIOR to buying their first RV and therefore get a sub par walkthrough. Many also do NO research at all, before buying their first RV and then complain about the buying process and the lack of quality or how badly the dealer treated them.
It's a hard lesson to learn on buying your first RV.
With all the information available on the Internet, that could help newbies avoid or be prepared for, so many simply just rush to buy.
Luckily I had found RV forums before I bought my first RV and they prepared me for all the ups and downs of the RV world. Forums saved my sanity, my money and helped me with most of the frustration.
This was our first NEW RV but by no means are we newbies to the RV world. We just bought used RVs before this. Typically there are very vague walk throughs when buying used especially when buying from an individual.

I wish we would have run across this forum prior to purchasing because we for sure would have looked at a different make and possibly different manufacturer.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #13

Precisely what I got with my used Flagstaff.

Lesson #1 Always as "dealer" if he is a dealer for you used rv cause mine isnt and dorsnt know a damn thing.

Thank god for this board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
With most complex products you buy, you get an owner’s or operator’s manual from the manufacturer that specifically describes the functions and features of the product you bought. That is not the case in the RV industry. You get a generic RV manual, maybe an incomplete bundle of appliance manuals, and from there you have to hunt down the missing manuals and other subsystem manuals yourself.
JAChandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:16 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsimes View Post
This was our first NEW RV but by no means are we newbies to the RV world. We just bought used RVs before this. Typically there are very vague walk throughs when buying used especially when buying from an individual.

I wish we would have run across this forum prior to purchasing because we for sure would have looked at a different make and possibly different manufacturer.
... and if you had looked at other manufactures' owner forum posts, you'd likely switch from them to Forest River.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
... and if you had looked at other manufactures' owner forum posts, you'd likely switch from them to Forest River.
Yep!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #16
Kanadian Kamper

.....that’s why I’m on here too!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsimes View Post
Yes indeed, our dealer walk through was a joke at best. I think our sales person was in a hurry to get home that evening and flew through the walk through only hitting some of the big items and left us to figure out anything else. He also told us that we had to go online to look at the owners manual because there is no paper manual with the trailer.
Same experience with us. PDI was a joke and salesperson assumed we knew everything having two TT and a popup previously. A motorhome is something quite different with hydro jacks, touch screens, a generator, heated water waste compartment, OS kitchen drain and where other hidden infrastructure is located. On top of that the PDI I was told would take place inside the building with temperature around zero outside when we picked up in January. It was not - they just heated the RV with the furnace outside and generator running. Was also told he would go for a ride with me having never driven a motorhome for the first time. Not! Here you go, the keys are in the ignition. PDI as I said was a joke.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #18

Besides this forum ,You Tube is also a very helpful web site. A lot of info out there not only on RV's but just about anything you can think of.Also the search box on the forum is a great tool ,found a lot of stuff from there on old posts for info I needed.
FishRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishRich View Post
Besides this forum ,You Tube is also a very helpful web site. A lot of info out there not only on RV's but just about anything you can think of.Also the search box on the forum is a great tool ,found a lot of stuff from there on old posts for info I needed.
I second YouTube searching. I found that I could lock my Norcold Refrigerator on propane by holding in the button, while searching for something else on YouTube, and I've been RVing for 40+ years.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #20

I had a similar experience with the PDI, left much to be desired. I also found that even the techs at the dealer were unable to answer some of the questions I had. They would always refer me the the manufacturer of the components. The unit didn’t come with a manual, everything was online, and it is so generic that it really wasn’t much help. Most of the things I was able to figure out from basic mechanical skill from working on cars, but when it comes to the RV unique items I would be lost without YouTube and this! Everything is still under warranty, but I don’t really want to leave my unit sitting at the dealer for two months for a five minute fix!

Tags
antenna, thermostat